Covey is NOT 100%

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I love me some Covey, but he’s not 100%.  I’d put him at 80-85%.  He doesn’t have that explosive speed we are used to. Will he ever have that back? Also, why was he still fielding punts in the 2nd half?  Do we not have a backup punt returner?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

He is doing better with his reads and decision making though. Which means less turnover which makes Whitt sleep soundly at night. I bet Whitt was up all night haunted by Coveys fumble.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Covey still seems to be the best/safest option with his catching ability. Of course breaking a big play is a bonus. Agree, on being a step or two behind his normal self. The knee brace can’t help. He’s still a huge threat in the open field.

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Seems like he’s hardly touched the ball this season. I haven’t decided how to read into that. He had a touch last week and a nice catch yesterday (that I remember). He ran around ISU’s whole team until he got caught up with that fumble. He still looked pretty shifty, but yeah maybe that quick explosion he usually has out of a pivot is a step slower.

Honestly, I was disappointed with the punt return unit yesterday. They had quite a few penalties and I’d expect them to be able to open up more space against Pocatello Tech.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Covey is NOT 100%