COVID from Rose Bowl

Viewing 18 reply threads

salty-ute
      Ute Fan
      @salty-ute

Just want to satiate my curiosity with some anecdotes. Do you know of anyone that likely picked up covid at the game in Pasadena? I know a bunch of people that have gotten sick shortly after going down to the game.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

No one from our group of six has had a positive test.  The travel compounded with “dietary choices” had everyone guessing at first but at least one person from each couple tested upon return to our various homes and were negative.

norm
      Ute Fan
      @norm

Me. My family is sick with COVID as of about Tuesday and are assuming it was from the Rose bowl. We kind of figured it would happen.

If anybody else is sick and wants to know if it’s COVID I would highly suggest a PCR test. Rapid tests were negative for us but PCR positive. I’ve heard that’s happening a lot especially with those that are vaccinated.

Duhwayne
        Ute Fan
        @duhwayne

I think PCR is more sensitive than rapid. My positive pcr happened three days after exposure and my rapid positive took six.

Xanthis
          Ute Fan
          @xanthis

General rule of thumb is PCR will detect COVID before and after you are contagious. The rapid tests are generally positive while you are contagious. 

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Big Lefty #19 has the vid, and was the color commentary with Bill Riley at the Rose Bowl. There’s one.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

No one in my group got it. I’m vaccinated and then got Covid after, so I’m pretty well protected I presume. My kids aren’t vaccinated but did have it in September so they probably have some immunity left.

Also, Covid doesn’t seem to spread much outdoors, though the likelihood was higher with so many people so close together.

Carterdalby
      Ute Fan
      @carterdalby

Tested positive on Wednesday

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Positive covid tests for me and my family. Starting feeling it late Sunday night on the way home. Pretty much over it now – was a bad head cold for about 36 hours.

Calgradutedad
      Ute Fan
      @calgradutedad

Positive for my wife and I a couple of days ago. So far mostly just a bad cold for me. Probably picked up at one of those la restaurants where we ate inside.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

None from my group of 2.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Mrs SkinyUte started feeling cruddy yesterday, tested positive this afternoon.

Said she feels like she’s been hit by a truck. She’s vaxxed and boosted, so hopefully that’s the extent of it.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

From the Rose Bowl or from New Year’s weekend in general?  Some of my family in San Diego got sick this past week and they were not in or near the Rose Bowl.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I have it. Had a bad headache the morning of the Rose Bowl.  Thought it was from dinner the night before, but now obviously it was the onset. I may have gotten it in Vegas Thursday night or LA Friday. 

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Group of 3 and we all tested negative after thankfully. Of the 3, two of us have boosters and one is unvaccinated. Pretty lucky seeing how many have it after the event.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

I have a sore throat, cough, and mild headache. Started feeling symptoms on Monday. Got tested Monday, negative. Who knows

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Group of 5 at the game, part of a much larger group to go to the parade, Disneyland, and San Diego. Still in Cali with zero issues, knock on wood. We have had to get use to wearing a mask anywhere indoors. Both small kids and 65+. Still need to fly home this weekend. Most vaccinated.

MFury
        Ute Fan
        @mfury

My son got it, 1 of 5.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Spoke too soon, a 4 year old that had returned to SLC tested positive with a home test…

salty-ute
      Ute Fan
      @salty-ute

7 of 12 from our group are sick this week… 3 tested positive so far.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Me. Vaccinated. Head cold for 48 hours. That was it. Stayed home until today. That’s it. Nothing else. This new variant will get to everyone.

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

All 5 of us that went down came back with Covid, 3 vaxed and 2 not.

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

2 of us and we are all good so far. I was a little worried especially trying to get out of the Stadium and packed with people all around us at times could hardly move. Didn’t like that part for sure.

Viewing 18 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc COVID from Rose Bowl