Crowd noise

Viewing 2 reply threads
      10 9

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

It’s flat out inexcusable the team wasn’t ready for the crowd noise. That is an egregious coaching failure.

Every single person knew that stadium was going to be absolutely rocking after their B12 invite.

That is so disappointing to hear. It’s WTF things like this that have me really concerned about where our coaches heads are at.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

A lot of our team —especially on defense— had never been a starter in an away game with fans in the stands before. The coaches piped in crowd noise to practice all week, but there’s nothing you can do to simulate a real hostile environment like that. Whit even said that’s the loudest he’s ever heard that stadium.

The coaches have a lot to be blamed for, but this issue isn’t one of them.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

While we tend to be critical of our team for letting the crowd put them off their game, consider the rush of adrenaline and energy the Cougars got from that crowd.  They played to their best potential and avoided any turnovers which have plagued them the last decade in their games against us.   

Certainly not the best effort from Utah, but we faced an opponent and crowd that gave us their best.

7 3

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Nick Ford said he couldn’t communicate with his line because it was so loud. Aren’t they supposed to practice non-verbal communication methods solely for that purpose?

Please help me understand, because I don’t think it’s a valid excuse to say they were “surprised” by the noise. Oregon didn’t seem surprised by the noise at Ohio State.

Larry B
          Ute Fan
          @larryb

On the plus side, crowd noise won’t be a factor going forward. USC will be the loudest stadium we’ll face.

utefansince79
            Ute Fan
            @utefansince79

Let’s just try to make as much noise as we can starting when the Cougars from Pullman visit next week and throw them of THEIR game.  (Same goes for all the others who visit Rice-Eccles this season)

UteFanatic
            Ute Fan
            @utefanatic

Very true.

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

I do agree that it’s inexcusable but I will also say that crowd noise factored into BYU’s morale and probably did have an impact on our ability to communicate. Should they have been prepared for it, yes, considering they haven’t played in a live stadium in over a year there’s something to be said for that.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.