Current Backers

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Maybe ONLYU can shed some light. 

1. Francis Bernard – Awesome; no issues; is he healthy ? I know he had off – season surgury, Whitt seems to think he will be ready for fall camp. 

2. Devin Lloyd – Little experience, however, physical freak, blue collar under the radar guy Whitt thrives with. Has been in the system for 2 years (Longer than Bowen). Everyone loves him. Have to step up

3. Sione Lund – former 4 star, dealt with all kinds of issues mentally. Hopefully he is ready to go. No idea how he will be. 

4. Andrew Mataafa – Hasn’t been healthy since arriving, got hurt in the spring game. Havent heard much. No idea. 

5. Quinn Fabrizo – Second year in program. Was hurt all last year, and has been hurt this year. No idea.

6. Trennan Carlos- JC guy, big, can hit, however he is a JC guy, so likely learning curve, not expecting much until maybe mid season. 

7. Christian Folau – Former 4 star, walk-on from BYU, not sure if he’s elgible to play this year. He isnt a grad transfer, I dont know the rules maybe some one does. Committed to oregon st, went on mission then to BYU for a year and now here. From East. 

We are very cery thin. Im ok with LLOYD and Bernard (even without Bowen) but one injury and we are really in trouble. 

2020 Guys

1. Mique Juarez – has dealt with concussion issues, but wants to play

Ma’ake Kava
      Ute Fan
      @ma-ake

There’s one more possibility – I’m thinking way outside the box – Ali’i Niumatalolo, who is listed as a TE. He’s the son of Ken Niumatalolo, coach of Navy. I saw him at the airport on Monday, coming in for camp from his hometown back east.

6-2 / 235. Don’t know if he was like a courtesy scholarship from Whitt to Ken, but he definitely looks like a FB player, passes the eyeball test. He’s probably like his dad, ie, has a head on his shoulders.

I’ve seen weirder things happen, so maybe they bring him over to the D and get him up to speed, for depth.

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

Didn’t he come into the program at LB and then switched to TE last year?  If so, I could see him being a good candidate to switch back.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

how is that thin at linebacker? Thin on experience maybe, but we’ll be fine there as far as bodies go.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Current Backers