Dallin Holker to Colorado State

Viewing 7 reply threads

KoolWhitt
      Ute Fan
      @koolwhitt

I don’t think anyone saw that coming. Many, myself included, thought he would almost certainly be a Ute. Perhaps a sign that Utah has landed someone else at TE?

Good luck to him.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

That’s weird, the only kid I know committed there is the Utah 5A MVP QB Brusseau. Interesting.  

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

His $500k NIL check must have bounced, dang it

Waybackutefan
        Ute Fan
        @waybackutefan

Shah right! Utah doesn’t send them checks they promise 500k and then tell them the checks in the mail. It’s going to a real problem when these Coug flips realize they’ve been played and transfer back to TSPP…. So sayd CB.

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

I think his wife or GF plays a sport there.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Follow the kitty. 

krindor
        Ute Fan
        @krindor

Nope, his wife is actually at BYU as a sprinter for their track and field team

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

His wife transferred as well 

Stone
          Ute Fan
          @stone

His announcement on Twitter shows him and his wife/girlfriend both in CSU uniforms – so they are going together.

PlainsUte
            Ute Fan
            @plainsute

So maybe CSU was the school that offered a package deal (schollie and NIL) for both of them??   Really headscratching, but best to them at CSU and the MWC.

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

I’m wondering if we’re getting a bit tight on scholarships so didn’t pursue him.

It would make sense that he’d rather go to Utah than Colorado St. It’s a bigger stage, has a stronger history of TE usage, and is closer to his wife (who is a BYU athlete). So I’d guess him not ending up at Utah was more a Utah decision than a Holker decision.

But with Utah landing basically every top target they’ve set their eyes on, space has to be getting tight. We’ve already got 20 commits (plus 6 more guys in the Top 1000 that 247 lists as warm for us) and that’s before considering our transfer portal targets.  It’s a good problem to have for sure, but I’m wondering if he was a guy we wanted…until our class made it impossible to fit him.

KoolWhitt
        Ute Fan
        @koolwhitt

Good points, though I would think TE would be a position where there would be room. As it stands, Kuithe, Kincaid, Yassmin, and Kendall are all graduating and two days ago Landon Morris entered the portal. 

If Utah did decide that Holker was no longer in their plans, I have to think that it wasn’t for lack of space on the roster or in the TE room specifically. I wonder instead if this means either that we landed another recruit or transfer (Lyons perhaps?) that simply hasn’t announced yet or one or more of the aforementioned graduating players (Kuithe and/or Yassmin presumably) informed the coaching staff of their intention to stay on another year.

Obviously all speculation but my guess is by the end of the recruiting/transfer period this move by Holker will make more sense.

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

Colorado St? Wow what a fall. There must be something undesirable that we don’t see.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

CSU is a big shock.  This kid has talent.  I have no idea what the backstory here is.  I think there is a possibility that the rumor that Kuithe may be staying had an effect on his decision.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

I have it on good authority that CSU offered Holker $2.8 million in NIL money.  Source: trust me, bro.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Dallin Holker to Colorado State