Dang, Oregon beat us twice last night

Viewing 1 reply thread

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

4* RB Cyrus Habibi-Likio committed to the Ducks. It sounded like we had a shot at him.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I think the back story on Likio is interesting. Utah made a strong pitch for him and spent a lot of effort. He was listening, even saying how much he liked the culture and how impressed he was with Taylor. But while he loved the school, his family was awed by the glitz and name brand of Oregon. So basically the family pushed him to make the commitment he did. The reason I brought this up is that is a recurring thread that runs through our recruiting. So when I hear a lot of the complaining about why we don’t recruit better it drives me nuts because most fans simply don’t understand the headwinds we have in recruiting. I’m pretty impressed what this staff has been able to do in spite of those obstacles.

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

The thing I don’t understand is, I’ve heard Oregon will move him to the defensive side of the ball. Cyrus said he’s excited about that but if you want to play defense, why Oregon?

96GradAlum
        @96gradalum

Agreed.  When you’re competing against USC, UCLA, etc … it’s going to be like that for the foreseeable futre.  We just gotta keep winning.  Keep being relevant in the P12/South and we’ll make some headway.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Dang, Oregon beat us twice last night