Decent first half by MBB at Oregon

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Up by 2 at half. on Pac-12 Network. Gawd that’s an ugly floor.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Carlson playing outside hitter tonight swatting guys. If we could just get consistent good looks on oh fence.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Doing ok until the end, then made a few very dumb mistakes. Rinse. Repeat.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

I’m baffled by the double dribble call to end the game, but for this team it seems fitting.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

Allen was trying to control a loose ball, deflected it off his foot, recovered and went to drible.  The first part was not a drible.  Odd call at that point in the game.  I wonder if Larry could have used a timeout and had them look at it.  Either way, Utah very nearly won when the ball was deflected away from Carlson.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

We are still BPI#76 out of 347 D-I programs. For the effort that the university and community put into this team, that’s really good.

Keeping up with the top-tier programs in FB and MBB requires a funding commitment and community dedication that I don’t believe the university and greater Salt Lake are willing to make at the current time.

There are so many distractions/priorities that compete with MBB, research dollars, raising familes, faith activities, etc., which make the university and community fair-weather fans, unwilling, in general, to make the effort without a good product to watch. Chicken and the egg.

I don’t see much we uberfans can do other than give our best efforts to be ambassadors of our alma mater and its athletics programs.

Here’s to better recruiting, better coaching. We all know what’s possible. GO, UTES!

4 2

KelVarnsen
      Ute Fan
      @kelvarnsen

With every loss, my hopes that Larry will be fired grows. 

3 2

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Wait so utah played well, was in control and then lost the game in the final few possessions 🙀. I’m shocked. Fire Larryk.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Decent first half by MBB at Oregon