Deep breath

Viewing 10 reply threads
      3 16

User Suspended
      @a2ute

I recognize that after the last few weeks the Kool Aid is squirting out of everyone’s orifices.  But pump the breaks, this is still a kwhitt football team and the letdown game is lurking in the shadows.  Top 10 teams find the way to muscle thru lackluster games and still come away with a win….can Utah? 

The one thing a feel certain about is that Utah will not play out the season at the level they’ve shown the last three weeks. The question is can the overcome it and find a way to win.

I don’t see a letdown this week Utah 29  UCLA 21

3 1

Anonymous
      Inactive

59-2

3 3

User Suspended
        @a2ute

1Image result for kool aid on steroids

Anonymous
          Inactive

If that much is good for you, then ten times that much and I’m a GOD!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

ASU is the next real challenge and of course Oregon. I am not really worried about Colorado. I have probably watched more of their games than any other P12 team not named Oregon or Washington. They are a paper tiger. Utah needs to play mistake free of course but defensively Utah matches up well. 

I am not sure what Oregon is playing for anymore? WAY outside shot of playoff is gone for sure now. 

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

I am nervous every game. I have been a fan long enough that there are no gimme games. Just when you think everything is clicking, a crappy team comes up and hits the Utes in the nuts when we least expect it. Although teams that are still in the hunt for a title seem to be the most dangerous, sometimes the teams that have nothing left to lose end up being the ones that are most dangerous because they play as though the game against a team with a shot at the title is their title game (read: exactly what the BYU game will be this year for the BYU team). 

Frankly, the south division is wide open. Mathmatically, UCLA could still win the division. I am generally an optimist, but I have had my heart broken by sports teams so many times that so I usually go into a game assuming my team will dissappoint me, but hope like hell that they will win. It makes the win so much more fun. And although the losses still hurt, it takes some of the edge off.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

What if that “letdown game” was the UW loss? That was a complete no-show; might as well have forfeited. 

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

I think always having caution to Utah’s success is wise, while allowing ourselves to have fun and celebrate recent success.

Each week gives another week for teams to figure out how to play Utah.  For example, the bunch formation on offense is new and the teams that faced it didn’t really know how to defend it fully.  But 4 or 5 games of it on film gives Oregon, Colorado, BYU time and more film to evaluate it and defend it.  That is just one example but there are others.  Of course the reverse is true in that Utah will have more film to figure out how to beat them also.  And of course injuries can be a huge x-factor. 

Still, I always lean towards being optimistic, but very cautious. I won’t be surprised with a loss in one of the upcoming games. 

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

That’s how many people are — three weeks ago, sky is falling; fast-forward three weeks, we are a world-beater.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

54-10.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Certainly not world beaters. fUCLA certainly isn’t the world either. Two win team all year. 

Anonymous
        Inactive

Less “sky is falling,” more “why do we always look inept?”

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

I honestly think the WTF game was wash and NOrthern I’ll. In the past KW WTF games have come in late oct nov after the team was rolling. This year started out as a big WTF. I think we are past that.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I hate to be that guy, but writing “pump the breaks” are the fingernails on my personal chalkboard. Brakes, man…brakes.

We’ll lose again this season. But it won’t be tomorrow. 

AirForceUte
      Ute Fan
      @cdoughboy2000

Such a negative Nancy. 

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

The Pace Manyung strategy of level headed fandom. Always predict doom and gloom. If it happens, pat yourself on the back. So impressive

AirForceUte
        Ute Fan
        @cdoughboy2000

Because we can’t actually have a good team this year. Coach whit would never allow that. 

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.