Deion Sanders to USC

Viewing 5 reply threads
      2 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Reggie Bush and others in the media like the idea.

Deion has very little coaching experience, but he is a guy with personality, playing experience, and fire in his belly.  It would be a risk for USC.  But, it could also bring huge rewards.  Most people think he would be a great recruiter.  He could surround himself with great coaching talent.  If I was in charge at USC, I would consider it.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

My initial thought was “what a joke”, but after thinking about it for a minute I could see it working. Weird.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

From what I’m hearing USC isn’t going to go with someone so risky. It will be a current p5 HC or the guy from Cincy maybe even Urban Meyer.
      Deion Sanders is being linked with Florida State however.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I’d be shocked if they didn’t hire a current P5 coach.

Gugstanley
        Ute Fan
        @gugstanley

USC doesn’t have issues with recruiting. I would welcome Neon Deion to their staff

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Interesting. I think if USC hadn’t have already failed with 4 coaches in 8 years, they could take a risk like that. But with where their fanbase is desperate to get USC back to being a contender, it seems to me the pressure is on Bohn to make a “home run” hire. They already whiffed on that last year when they had the chance to get Urban Meyer and passed….but it will be interesting to see what they end up doing.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

The duplicity of Sanders always interested me.  As a player he would put in bear minimum effort during team practices only to spend hours in workouts away from the team to create the aura of a natural.

Point being, his public persona is totally kayfabe which is perfect for LA.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Deion Sanders to USC