Delon needs to get out of Toronto

Viewing 3 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

I am p**sed he wasted a critical year of development (being that he is a very old rookie) getting next to zero playing time. Kid showed flashes in what brief minutes he got. He can play.

Ute Gnome
      Ute Fan
      @utegnome

Not being a jerk here, but this sounds way too much like how the zoobs complain about Jimmer. I want Delon to succeed too, but he is behind two good players and he needs to make it happen in practice.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

The difference is Delon is not unplayable on one end of the floor. Which is a gigantic difference that, alone, absolutely kills your comparison. Im not saying he deserves playing time over KL and DDR. Thats why I wish he would get out of Toronto…its just not a great situation for him. Delon is older. His development window is closing FAST. Some guys can make significant developments in their game late into their 20s (see Korver, Curry) but most guards development curve flattens around 25. There is plenty of data out there regarding minutes and development. Its critical. He needs minutes on the court. Now.

I could go on an on about why the comparison to jimmer/zoobs is weak….just because it sounds the same doesnt make it the same. Im not saying Delon deserves more time “BECAUSE POINTZZ.” If you actually know basketball, and watch them play, the differences are very clear. The numbers back it up. Advanced numbers show a significant difference between the two. When all adv no’s say the same thing it carries a HELL of a lot of weight.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by rbmw263.

Ute Gnome
          Ute Fan
          @utegnome

Easy big fella, I wasn’t comparing Delon to Jimmer.  I was saying that your comment sounded like he is a victim of his environment just like BYU fans say about Jimmer.  Point being if Delon deserved to play he would play.  Period.  I too hope he gets more minutes….but HE has to show that he deserves it day in and day out in  practice.

rbmw263
            Ute Fan
            @rbmw263

if Delon deserved to play, he would play

Thats not always how it works in the NBA. I understand its hard playing behind two all stars. And I never said he deserved minutes….I said he NEEDS minutes. So if he could be traded to a team that doesnt have two all star guards that’d be great. Or maybe Derozan will leave in FA and Delon will get the backup role (im assuming Powell gets the starting nod)

My comment might have sounded like a zoob but with the context and actual details of the situation it was completely different. Im not saying Delon is being robbed of minutes. Im saying hes in a bad situation for an older rookie guard who needs minutes and dev pronto. In the future, if you could do me a favor and not insult me like that by comparing me to a BYU fan that’d be great. lol.

Ute Gnome
              Ute Fan
              @utegnome

That is fair enough. I understand better what you were trying to say. My bad on comparing to Zoob-like behavior. I hope no harm, no foul.

rbmw263
                Ute Fan
                @rbmw263

Not at all my friend. No worries.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yeah Delon could go to a different team and get experience out of the playoffs. But Wright is is playing for a great team right now and good for him.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

although that is important, its a net negative imo. Minutes would help him more.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

edit

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

NBA is a business. They look at development and results. Delon is doing both of those and it’s being noticed. Can’t ask for a better stage for eyeballs then in the playoffs even if his time is limited. When he’s getting playing time he’s making the best of it.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Delon needs to get out of Toronto