Denver morning sports radio this morning on Bolles.

Viewing 2 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Mark Schlereth (Stink) was given the assignment to quickly review Bolles and Ryan Ramcyzk from Wisconsin.

Schlereth said due to his ESPN job had access to about 10 minutes worth of 6 second clips showing all sorts of skills I have no idea what they are, but anyway, he says without knowing down and distance it is really hard to judge, however he said Ramcyzk tended to lean on players which allowed defenders to use his leverage against him, and didn’t stay in a down to up blocking position.

He said, based on the quick 20 minutes he watched Bolles was a far better athlete, kept his weight over his feet better and rather than leaning on guys gave them a quick jab and maintained contact while keeping balanced over his feet and thus was better able to react to the defender’s movements.

If you don’t know who Stink is, he played twelve years in the NFL and was part of 3 super bowl winning teams. He used to be on many of ESPN’s NFL shows. May still be, but he spends the offseason in Denver, and tries to get out to see his son, who is a MLB pitcher. He’s a huge Broncos homer, but is pretty honest in his assessments.

Sadly many of the other sports radio shows want to see Christian McCaffrey picked up by the Broncos. He was getting major air time this afternoon. He’s not a bad kid, I think he’s a pretty good kid, smart enough to get into Stanford on academics and supposedly is climbing the draft boards. He’s had a couple good years in the Pac, but I don’t think he’ll be as explosive at the next level.

The other guy everybody is gaga over is 

Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland 
       Height: 6-6. Weight: 278. Arm: 33.5. Hand: 9.63. 
      40 Time: 4.79. 
      Projected Round (2017): 2-4.

He dominated in DIII, that’s right non-scholarship DIII. But with his height, weight and speed, he could succeed in the NFL.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Bolles won’t be there when Denver picks. Some are saying he goes top 10. 

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

On the NFL shows today on ESPN Bolles was the only OT that had a first round grade. (I think there were two guards and no centers). The dearth of quality talent at the Oline positions means that Bolles will go sooner rather than later.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Denver morning sports radio this morning on Bolles.