Denver sports radio this morning. NFL players from Alabama.

Viewing 2 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Though it says NFL, I’m leaving it in the football category.

So some guy texts in this morning to the sports station I listen to and say the secret to Denver being successful should be measured by how many Alabama players they draft/sign. While this seems great on the surface, they looked at past drafts and listed the Alabama draft picks of the Denver Broncos. Two were on the team with Mark “Stink” Schlereth when they won Superbowls. He couldn’t remember either guy.

It cracks me up that the fans and sports announcers were so high on the idea of drafting Alabama players as a solution to their problems. Yet the announcer couldn’t even remember the contributions, well lack thereof to two Super Bowl wins with Elway.

I’m not saying recruiting Utes is a solution, I think it really comes down to finding the right guys for your system. And sometimes getting lucky with a Jerry Rice, etc. Who came out undervalued. A Kyle Kuzma if you will.

Their argument was that Alabama players don’t need a year or two to develop into NFL players, they are ready from day one because Sabin has them hitting all the time in practice. Ahem, did you look at Sabin’s NFL record????

Anyway just thought you might find humor in it like I did. Besides, you’ve got to get the best guy available when your pick comes up.

Right now Alabama has no starting QBs in the NFL. Denver needs a QB. So Alabama probably ain’t the answer.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Remember a few years ago when the dolts at E(SEC)PN were debating that Alabama could possibly beat an NFL team because, you know, they had maybe 10 NFL guys on their roster which was quickly squashed by some ex-NFL vet who had a moment of clarity and stopped the insanity by proclaiming, “well so-and-so has 53 NFL guys on their roster!” Funny stuff. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Glen Coffee is the one who accomplished the most post Bama. He is attempting a come back as well. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Denver sports radio this morning. NFL players from Alabama.