@mdute

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Beat me to it. Quick on the draw!

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Haha, I was thinking I was going to see a couple others have it posted already after hitting submit.

Couple of things I noticed that were a little concerning: 1) Ethan Calvert didn’t make the 2 deep at any of the LB spots. Good to see his brother is behind Devin Lloyd but Ethan is one of our highest rated recruits of all time…hate to not see him on the depth chart anywhere. 2) along those same lines, who is Karene Reid (backing up Nephi Sewell)? Of all our deep talented LBs I don’t know how I’ve missed that name before. And 3) never heard of Hayden Furey before either? Anyone know about him at Stud LB.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Yeah… Reid? Furey? They must be good players because they beat out some seriously talented players.

NarfUte
            Ute Fan
            @narfute

Karene Reid is Gabe Reid’s (Stanford) brother – apparently signed with USU out of HS but enrolled here after a mission.

chinngiskhaan
              Ute Fan
              @chinngiskhaan

That’s what it looks like for sure. Always glad to have another Timpview alum on the team!

Dresden_Stormblessed
          Ute Fan
          @dresden

I wouldn’t be worried about Ethan not making the two deep. Reid was super impressive to me in the spring game and was a walk on to the program iirc. Good, strong kid that surprised a lot of us. Ethan has YEARS to develop and if he’s mad he doesn’t play in our absolutely stacked LB room, he isn’t all in, he’s in the way.

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

Does everybody else clinch up a bit when Covey returns ricks/punts? 

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Yeah, but then every time he looks like he’s going to get popped, he puts his foot in the ground and makes a filthy cut, the defender grabs an armful of air, and Covey picks up another 20 yards until he’s shoestring tackled on the sideline. That stops me from clinching.

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

Hoosier- if you haven’t heard Covey’s breakdown of returning kicks on the Bill Riley show from August 12th, go check it out.  It is awesome.

Stone
          Ute Fan
          @stone

Just listened to it. Fun to hear.

Start at around the 1 hour, 21 minute mark. 

Covey Interview

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Thanks for calling this out…another very insightful interview with Covey!

Johnny
          Ute Fan
          @johnny

Yes, I listened. Probably one of the best Utah captains since, Scalley.

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

Maybe this is a motivational two-deep, not etched in stone going forward.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @utebiquitous

Has anyone found the depth chart in a better format? I don’t tweet and I cannot find it on the Utahutes.com site. Please post if you can find a pdf or something else.

UteDuke
      Ute Fan
      @uteduke

😂 Check out the pronunciation guide on how to pronounce “Covey”

3 1

crash11
      Ute Fan
      @kdunlavy

@Onlyu, Any insight on Furey and Reid? Also, surprised not to see McLain in the 2 deep? Has he been injured? I was hoping for big things from him….

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Wow, talk about running back by committee. I am excited that Van Fillinger won the right end spot too.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Depth charts are for HS.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

We have two tight ends and an H in our standard formation. Also a two deep at fullback. F**k yeah.

Akso Bam is our starting LT. We are going to kill some people this year. This is the most Whitt offense ever.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

RB1 translation to me is whoever plays the best in game situations and makes the most of their snaps. You gotta block and pick up your assignments to.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Surprised to see Money Parks made the two-deep. I hadn’t heard his name in spring or fall and was wondering if he was MIA.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I noted that March is not the punter anymore, hopefully an upgrade. Full back? I wonder how many plays will use a FB? I hope we will soon wonder why the wildcat QB is not on the depth chart. I wish we published the special teams. I am especially interested in the punt cover and kickoff cover teams because that is a lot of insight about who is coming along on defense and to me it is more important than 2s. Let’s get them some credit.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Depth chart released