DHC gone.

Viewing 5 reply threads

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

No big surprise there. Don’t be shocked if he ends up at an in-state school.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

Kind of a bummer.  I get that they were trying to give Wilmore carries last season to placate him but I always felt DHC did more with his touches than any of the others in the Moss needs a blow rotation.  McDonald seems fully committed to the Wilmore/Brumfield backfield next season.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Correct me if I am mis-remembering but didn’t DHC have one or more glaring pass drop and/or fumble early in the season?  Just seemed like the coaches had little confidence in him, at least compared to Wilmore and Brumfield.

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

I think you are thinking Brumfield.  The only drop I remember was in the bowl game.  DHC was lights out against SC and WSU.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

He made several mistakes last year. I remember one in particular where he completely missed his block and left Huntley to get blown up. I dont remember which game it was but I think it was Cal. After the play, you could hear tyler when he got up yelling at him. It was was a very clear “devontae!” He didnt come back in for the rest of the game.

Cesar Chavez
      Ute Fan
      @le-cockgrande

Probably had something to do with the rumor that 3* RB Nathaniel Jones out of Cal. Has nerrowd his three top options to Utah, Oregon, and AZ.state in that order. So if he chooses Utah his playing time would be next to zero. I like DHC, but the roster just got really crowded.

User Suspended
      @a2ute

this is exactly how it should be…. bring it good high school recruits, get to evaluate their skills for a couple of years and cut bait if need be…. all on your terms.

Let some other program that can’t recruit high school RB’s have a chance at the left over government cheese.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

Your use of the term “government cheese” to describe any person is pretty damn disgusting.  

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Eh .. get what you’re saying , but it’s not so black and white .. where he might not flourish in this system, he could excel in another . I wouldn’t devalue any kid based on him entering the transfer portal

1 1

User Suspended
          @a2ute

Don’t get me wrong, I think DHC is pretty good back – not taking anything away from him.

But the Utes are in a great position when it comes to RB’s, Yes DHC is good, but after a few years of review, they have the luxury or moving on to other backs who they deem are better.  This is a luxury that better programs are able to do all the time.

The “government cheese” transfer portal is for the most part, a clearinghouse for players who (for whatever reason) where beat out and basically forced to find another landing spot.

kwhitt has no “luxury” when it comes to QB, LB, and WR. position. They simple can’t get legit HS players at these positions. Thus comes the bail out with the transfer portal.

ThurstonW
        Ute Fan
        @thurstonw

Universities make a commitment to the players that come in on scholarship.  If a kid is giving it his best and he wants to stay at the school for both the athletics as well as academics, I’m NOT okay with “cut(ting) bait”. 

User Suspended
          @a2ute

From a legal sense… scholarships are year to year.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Bummer.  

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.