Dick Harmon was talking on Baylor’s…

Viewing 4 reply threads

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

…”365 Sports” show, and lying through his teeth — desperately trying to make ybU-p look like they’re a major brand.  Here’s some quotes…

Stanford is a rival of BYU’s in terms of recruits.

Does Stanford know this?  I remember back when I was a student at the U — straddling our WAC/MWC years, where the zoobs were claiming they were everybody’s biggest rival.  Now they’re claiming rivalries with schools they’re not even in a conference with.  Stanford and ybU-p have met a grand total of two times, and lost both games.

The Big 12 would be better with Utah in it, but they already got the market with BYU.  The big market here in Utah is the Utah Jazz and BYU, and then the University of Utah is down the line.  Uh, that’s what the media counts and our story counts say, as far as what we do.”

Except that Dick knows full well that it’s Utah who took top billing in the state, because it was reported right there in the Deseret News.  Utah isn’t “down the line”.  ybU-p is.

They just got a transfer from Oregon.  A girl, a basketball player.  She’s playing for her mother that BYU just hired, but this girl is one of the Top 15 basketball players in the country.  She came because of the Big 12.”

Uh, nope.  She came because her mother was just hired.  Her MOM was the “X-factor” here.  Just look at her “Big 6” — Arizona, Oregon, Stanford, Utah, UCLA, and ybU-p.  If it were the “Big 12” Amari Whiting was interested in, why all the Pac-12 schools?  And for the record, she’s not even an “Oregon transfer” like Dick claimed.  She’s an “Oregon decommit”, because this girl is still in high school.  The timeline says, (1) Nov. 2, 2021 — commit to Oregon.  (2) May 18, 2022 — Amari’s mom Amber named ybU-p’s head coach.  (3) Jul. 26, 2022 — commit to ybU-p.

You really gotta wonder why Big 12 honks would want to interview Dick Harmon about the Pac-12.  Dick’s not a Pac-12 insider.  He’s a Pac-12 outsider.  And he really hammers that home in that interview, in his continued whining about Utah going to the Pac-12 and not ybU-p.

AlphaUte
      Ute Fan
      @connor1822

What an idiot. I laughed my head off.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I thought he was dead.

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

The guy looks like byu

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Dick Harmon is a BYU homer and everything he says about BYU must be taken with a grain of salt.  I think most BYU fans know this too.  But, I guess Baylor fans probably don’t.  “Utah is down the line…”  Local surveys show a different story.  Total nonsense and he knows it.  

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

I get your point and it’s good…but….I seriously don’t give a rat’s @$$ what any TDS homers say anymore. I’m more focused on PAC12 perspectives. I’ve been raised in the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s when TDS was a big deal. Not anymore. I’m at a great point of emotional indifference to them and it’s wonderful. Don’t look back. Just look forward.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Dick Harmon was talking on Baylor’s…