Did we not take USC seriously?

Viewing 4 reply threads

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Maybe this has already been discussed, but after seeing them lose in Provo to a team we handled somewhat easily, did we not take the Trojans seriously? 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Not taking them seriously would be incredibly stupid.

1 1

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

I was concerned when the hype machine started.  Utah has never been able to handle success or projected success.  Even in the undefeated seasons there were some underwhelming performances and it was only because they were playing weaker competition that the streak was kept alive.  

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

All I heard this summer was who everyone thought was the second best team in the South. It was assumed we were the best. You think the other South teams noticed? I love Bill Riley, but he would ask every national guest that question and it was driving me nuts. So, yes, I think our team got caught reading their own press clippings..

COUte
      Ute Fan
      @coute

We arrogantly saw what BYU did to beat them (zone coverage, dropping 8) and ignored it.

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

ABSOLUTELY CoUte.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Frustrating watching Washington do what Utah should have done .. nothing but arrogance ; and they probably do the same thing again today

PhillyUte
          Ute Fan
          @phillyute

There are some differences between Utah and Washington. Having better players helps. It’s amazing what good recruiting can do. 

6 1

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I think it was more a case of USC not taking BYU seriously that led to their loss

Likely in preparation for us.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Maybe a little of both . . . 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Did we not take USC seriously?