Did you enjoy your Memorial Day yesterday?

Viewing 1 reply thread

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I did: 

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

That looks much better than my weekend, which was spent trying to mitigate water damage in my basement from a previously unknown leaky shower valve behind the bathroom wall.

Never fun when you go downstairs and see the dreaded “water bubble bulge” in your ceiling drywall.  😞 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yikes.  Nightmare. 

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

That sounds like it was a difficult weekend for you. I am sorry to hear of your troubles. Everything degrades. My parents taught me that early in life. For that reason, I own very few things. I have always rented, letting the landlord take care of the issues like the one you describe. 

RedRocks
          Ute Fan
          @hypodactylus

One of the strangest arguments I have heard in favor of renting… To each their own, I suppose…

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

Living in poverty, not being able to afford to repair/replace items as they degrade, gave me an understanding of the level of selfishness involved in the gathering of material wealth.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

That is the nice thing about renting. I prefer owning my house though. I can do whatever I want with it and don’t have landlords coming into my home.

1 1

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

That is definitely the main benefit of ownership. For me, thinking about the millions of people on the planet that can’t afford such things, let alone clean drinking water, sanitation, etc., I choose to live a simple life by US standards, acknowledging my privilege and responsibility for the world situation.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Did you enjoy your Memorial Day yesterday?