Dimick is the man and so is Scalley

Viewing 7 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

Career leader Utah record in sacks with 28

Single game Utah record in sacks with 5

Single game Utah record for TFLs with 6.5

Dimick practically lived in ASU’s backfield.

Utah had 11 sacks, six in the fourth quarter. That is most by any team in a single game in FBS this season. Second is Utah with 10 against SJSU earlier. Third is a few teams that have had 8. Utah had 22 TFLs against ASU.

Yeah Scalley sucks #mwccoordinator #suckithaters

Utes49ers
      Ute Fan
      @utes49ers

Scalley made some rookie mistakes, but all in all, I think he’s been solid.  The blitz on 3rd and 19 wasn’t the right call in my opinion, but some of the scores, guys were in the right place, but for whatever reason couldnt make the tackle.  

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

I think Scalley has looks like a first year coordinator.  We bend sometimes and suffer from inconsistency but we’re tops in FBS in interceptions, forced turnovers, and after last night we’re currently third overall in sacks with 35 (2 sacks behind first place Alabama).  He’s doing some things much better than others but overall he’s doing a pretty good job.  It does seem like we’re giving up a lot of big plays though, especially last night, but still we should be encouraged for the future.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Scalley called blitz less and less as the game wore on.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The more healthy our defense gets, the smarter Scalley looks.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

The mark of a good coordinator is getting the players in the right spots. He has done that as consistently as anyone. Problem is sometimes we just up and whiff. That is on position coaches.

Texasute
      Ute Fan
      @texasute

<The more healthy our defense gets, the smarter Scalley looks.>

Remember the days when Jeff Thetford at Cal was considered a QB guru. Then Aaron Rogers graduated and he suddenly lost his touch. As the saying goes, sometimes it is the Jack and Joes, not the X’s and O’s.

Hoo Ray Who?
      Ute Fan
      @mattybumbo

I’m not a terribly intelligent X’s and O’s and technique guy, but it seems like so many times opponents break off big gains on playes that should have been stuffed because it lloks like the defender is going for the strip first instead of wrapping the player up. Am I way off on this? 

That being said, I love how no matter how things go, this team just doesn’t quit. Scalley has my full support and as his carreer progresses he’ll end up being an all time great DC and if I were to bet money now, will end up being Whitt’s replacement. 

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Scalley has my full support and as his carreer progresses he’ll end up being an all time great DC and if I were to bet money now, will end up being Whitt’s replacement.

I would also bet money on that.
      I think Scalley is the golden child, and with good reason.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

Scalley has my full support and as his carreer progresses he’ll end up being an all time great DC and if I were to bet money now, will end up being Whitt’s replacement.
        I would also bet money on that.
        I think Scalley is the golden child, and with good reason.

I get the feeling we’re going to see Coach Weddle at some point.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Dimick is the man and so is Scalley