Disappointing to hear about game atmosphere being bad

Viewing 6 reply threads
      2 5

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

We had a ton of big time recruits at this game. I swear our atmosphere peaked pregame of TCU 2010 and has been in constant decline since…

Undefeated and ranked against a p12 power. Stadium should have been rocking 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I didn’t think the game atmosphere was poor to begin with. RES started out rocking, the first third down Stanford had the entire stadium was standing and yelling. I even sit in a pretty mellow part of the stadium (W10, row 60) and people were into it.

The atmosphere definitely diminished as the game went on. That’s the thing with fans, you gotta give them something to cheer for and feed off of. There really wasn’t much of that in the second half. People started to bail mid way through the 4th quarter.

I stayed until the end and my voice still hasn’t recovered.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

I definitely get that and can see how the team played a part in that 

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Bad?  I thought is was really good. The Muss was packed and jumping. Stadium looked full. What was bad?

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Was the muss loud? They need to step it up. Too many people who are just there to drink and socialize that dgaf about the game. I’d imagine every student section has this but the ratio in ours seems to have climbed drastically

Ute Bc
          Ute Fan
          @utebc

You aren’t being serious right?  

rbmw263
            Ute Fan
            @rbmw263

Yeah…i am

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

The MUSS was loud all night long and stayed deep into the 4th quarter, unlike a lot of the other fans.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Where did you hear that? #fakenews

utahsportsguy
        Ute Fan
        @utahsportsguy

Stadium was great during most of the game. Some boos in the NEZ when we couldn’t score from 1st and 2 from the 2.  People started bailing after TW’s second pick. Some

Red Don
      Ute Fan
      @reddon

I didn’t see any difference on TV;  the atmosphere seemed the same as always.  The “declining since 2010” thing is just crazy.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Just hyperbole. That 2010 pregame crowd was easily the most electric crowd I’ve been in though 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Even the tailgate was more crowded.  

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

I can’t tell how loud we are in the MUSS. I do enjoy hearing the NEZ fire up especially after that botched snap early in the 3rd. We’ve got a pretty football smart crowd though. Most of the stadium could see how bad Troy was struggling though. It seemed on every play the crescendo would rise as the crowd picked out the open guy(s) every play. But that was just a slow-drip kind of game. Offense wasn’t happening and Stanford wore down the D JUST enough to spring Love a couple times.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Disappointing to hear about game atmosphere being bad