Does anyone have a clip of the targeting that was hit on

Viewing 3 reply threads

tysnowboarder88
      Ute Fan
      @tysnowboarder88

Zack Moss?? I missed it and I forgot to record the game. Thank you in advance to anyone that posts the hit.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

tysnowboarder88
        Ute Fan
        @tysnowboarder88

That was a pretty bad it. I’m shocked that we kept our cool with all of the diry plays that ASU was doing. 

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

A few of the Utah players were ready to go at it after the hit on Moss.

One of our players threw down an opponent (could easily have been called, but I think if the officials had called offsetting penalties the crowd reaction would have been such that the stadium would not be left standing) and a few others had to restrained and pushed back to the sideline by Whitt.  

salty-ute
            Ute Fan
            @salty-ute

No, This was CLEARLY a flop… See the video. Nobody on U of U sideline was out of line.

utefansince79
              Ute Fan
              @utefansince79

The Utah player did lightly push him and the Sun Devil sold it like a soccer player.    Foolish on our part as all too often that gets called.  Fortunately the officials didn’t buy into it.   Also fortunate that Utah kept their composure for the most part during the game as things could have gotten very ugly making the conference and both teams look bad.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

This is what the “targeting” call is made for.  Glad that they are cleaning up such dangerous stuff.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

It was brutal.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

How can the ASU fans dare call that a “clean” hit?

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Because that’s how fans/people are. If roles were reversed, there would be plenty of Utes who would say that’s a “clean” hit. It’s just the vagaries of the human species.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

There are many targeting calls to debate, this clearly is not one of them. If it was us we would gasp and wonder how we let that happen.

Anonymous
            Ute Fan
            @anonymous

I agree it was targeting. Just just pointing-out many will find ways to disagree, just because it’s “their” team. Human nature.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

I diagree. My sample size is this board so anectodotal. During chat most of us are like yep Blair is gone. Gone gone gone. I think I am still in shock from the ones called this year. But I agree anytime you lower your facemask and throw your crown at any part of the body it is a target. 

Now I don’t think Fields was head hunting it is poor coaching and tackling. The Enis collision is head hunting. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Does anyone have a clip of the targeting that was hit on