Does anyone remember what the wideouts were messing with last season?

Viewing 1 reply thread

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Holds remember it was the Illegal man downfield and Wideouts not using proper technique when blocking. 

Widereceiver has been the most mentally weak position at Utah since 2008. 

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

It’s this offense. It’s a total mind f**k for WR’s. Block but then release and look for a pass, if it is a run then keep your block, if the qb decides to throw it make sure that you weren’t blocking the guy gaurding the reciever becuase you’ll get flagged for that.

I think WR issues prior to last year were more of a talent issue than mental.  This spread, RPO, dump pile offense is a mess for WR’s though.  

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

I was thinking the exact same thing. 

Here’s what got me thinking that though.  Tim Patrick.  Tim was a good, not great IMO, receiver during his time at the U.  He’s in the NFL and doing well!  If you have NFL talent at WR and we have over the last few years why is our passing (throw) game so below average?  All I can point to is coaching.  

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Does anyone remember what the wideouts were messing with last season?