Does Kyle give Kalani advice?

Viewing 5 reply threads

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

They are obviously still friends and any time I have heard Kyle talk about Kalani as the HC at BYU he mentions something along the lines of ‘Kalani is a great coach and they are going to win a lot of games while he is there.’ Maybe he believes that or maybe it is just PC coach speak. I don’t know.

With how poorly BYU performed last year, and how low expectations are for them this year, does Kyle give Kalani sincere advice? Or is there an understanding between them that Kalani is at a rival school and Kyle helping him could hurt Utah so they just don’t talk about that kind of stuff? 

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

I think it is in Kyle’s best interest to give Kalani good advice.  Kalani’s success will reflect well on Kyle, just as Kyle’s and and Dan Mullen’s successes reflect well on Urban Meyer.

Having a solid coaching tree is a good thing.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

If Kalani asks I’m sure he would, but I can’t see Kyle just giving out unsolicited advice.  

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

If I was Whitt and a close friend of Kalani I would have told him not to take the job. Since he ignored that advice I would tell him to choose his own staff and not let Holmoe do it. Those two obvious things were not followed obviously, so I would say you are SOL if you want more help beyond that. 

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

I wonder how coaches really see the BYU job. I would love to see one of those articles where they get anonymous answers from coaches giving their thoughts on that job. 

On the one hand, it is a D1 job with a good history of winning over the last 40 years. On the other hand, they are independent and have a litany of restrictions that make it increasingly difficult to have success moving forward. On top of that, they are notorious for under paying their coaches. 

Maybe BYU is becoming a stepping stone school?

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Looks like a career killer. Look at their 2020 schedule. Who wants anything to do with that? Sitake is going to take lumps after this upcoming season being a bad one they will crucify him. Look what that fan base has done recently to coaches. They even ruined their Heisman winner made him look like a baffoon. 

Holmoe has to go if you are a fan of that school first. Then they need to go back to a conference that will take them. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Plus, you’d have to move to provo.  That’s a deal breaker right there, no matter how much money it pays.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

The fact that all of the major coaches (esp. Detmer) were already chosen before the HC was a singular deal killer for Ken Niumatololo. Well that, and the fact that they made him get his own cab from the airport to byu-P.

(side note: When Florida hired Urban, they sent a private jet to pick him up for the interview.  THAT is how you treat the person who you will trust to manage a tens of millions of dollars investment in the FB program…)

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I still laugh how they announced Sitake’s hiring at the Vegas bowl. You end up losing and in a very poor fashion where Utah only needed to score in one quarter. Literally everything has been going wrong for that school. Even Roscoe the weirdest dude ever almost a perfect fit left to Virginia. TDS fans don’t even want to admit it was a step up for him despite it not really being a football school. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

His advice would probably be this:

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

Tony you are good !!!!!!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Does Kyle give Kalani advice?