Does Marco Anthony bring his 41” vert at 6’5 to Utah as a repeat JR due to COVID

Viewing 1 reply thread

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

? I read a lazy article on KSL saying he comes to Utah as a senior. But if he was a JR last year does he get a repeat year and have 2 years remaining of eligibility?

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

If he really was a Jr last year, then he should have 2 to play 2.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Interesting comments from another board. Anthony is an inch shorter than Timmy Allen but is 20 lbs heavier with a 41″ vertical and he is an elite college defender and shoots 8% better from 3 than Timmy. I’m not saying he’s better than Timmy, of course not, but he will be able to better contribute to the team in some areas than Timmy Allen could.  

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Free throw percentage?

UtesRule
          Ute Fan
          @utesrule

He actually could very well be a bigger overall contributor to the team’s success next (relative to Timmy) due to his defensive ability. Timmy was really a pretty slow, poor defender.

Plus, he played and was a significant contributor on UVA’s National Title team a couple of years back.

Great get!

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Love Timmy Allen but there are reasons why he hasn’t entered the draft.

This guys stats are improving each year across the board.

PAC12Teams
            Ute Fan
            @utahbb

I don’t know how you can say he was a signifant contributor to UVA National Title team when he only scored 1.2 pts a game, with 0.5 rebounds & 0.5 assists a game. Here are his stats for Marco Anthony’s 3-years of collage play.  The bottom 2 lines are from UVA, with the middle line from their Championship season run.

GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
            28 32.0 41.5 33.9 61.5 4.8 3.1 0.4 0.9 1.8 2.0 10.0
            22 5.4 29.6 28.6 66.7 0.5 0.5 0.0 0.0 0.5 0.4 1.2
            13 7.9 35.7 38.5 33.3 1.0 0.7 0.2 0.2 0.4 0.5 2.0

Ute Dub
              Ute Fan
              @chestercopperpot

Son, we live in a world with scout teams, someone’s got to run the scout team in practice, who’s gonna to do it, you, you PAC12Teams? Scout team players have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Timmy Allen and you curse Alphonso Plummer. You have that luxury. You have the luxory of not knowing what I know that, that Plummer’s transfer, while tragic, probably wins games. 

UtesRule
                Ute Fan
                @utesrule

Timmy could score points, but he was a black hole, a turnover machine and a liability on D.

Love the kid for the effort he put into Utah basketball (maybe part of his “issues” were a product of Coach K’s system) but I’m not devastated by his departure. It’s NOT just about scoring points.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Does Marco Anthony bring his 41” vert at 6’5 to Utah as a repeat JR due to COVID