Does today’s Wilson’s performance change your outlook of the 2019 opener?

Viewing 6 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Nope, no looking ahead for this one.

5 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

No. 54-10. WMU’s defense is s**t.

4 2

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

No. Wilson is the 4th best QB in the state. Two Utah QBs and one USU QB are better. 

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

Neither of our QBs have had #s even close to Wilson’s today.  I get it wasn’t a powerhouse they were playing, but Huntley never threw like that against our weaker opponents.  We made a mistake by passing him off to BYU.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

What was the zoo’s pass/run ratio?  My guess is we run a hell of a lot more. 

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

They ran the ball like crazy in the first half, and put up 7 points. Granted, they are down to their 4th string RB.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

“Not a powerhouse” is the understatement of the year. That’s the 103rd ranked defense in FBS. That defense was far worse than anything Utah faced this year, including Weber. 

I get it that some of you think Wilson is the second coming of Peyton Manning. But let’s at least be intellectually honest when making that argument. 

RiseasUtes
            Ute Fan
            @riseasutes

2nd coming of Manning?  Can you be a bit more dramatic.  I don’t think he is great, but that he had a great game.  What I am saying is that we could absolutely use him for depth.  We have 2 scholarship QBs and we missed on wilson because we catered to Tuttle.  Wilson would have a chance to start after next season.  I am hoping Shelley steps up his play after that or that we are able to bring in a quality QB.

OSH_UTE
      Ute Fan
      @runningutes

No

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

LOL. We’re going to absolutely destroy them.

stir
      Ute Fan
      @stir

I think some of us forget how good the Utah offense was when they were healthy. I look forward to next years team, I think we improve on both sides of the ball if some certain players decide to stay. 

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

I do wish we cou!d have exposed byu-P to our Stanford/USC/Arizona offense. That would have been a sight to behold.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Does today’s Wilson’s performance change your outlook of the 2019 opener?