“don’t be surprised if Noah Sewell is playing for Utah next year”

Viewing 7 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

A text I just got from someone I consider to be very “in the know” when it comes to the Ducks. I won’t get my hopes up quite yet but that would be awesome!

I’d like to hear if OnlyU has heard any rumblings about him?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Utah has set themselves up for a CFP spot. A few pieces are needed. I still am not comfortable with the Oline.  Fix special teams and get a few Olineman. Left tackle transfer is what I want to see. 
      2022 is gonna be special. Have to beat Oregon in Eugene. At ASU won’t be easy.  Huge target on their backs from the conference. 

Crazyforu
      Ute Fan
      @crazyforu

A couple additions like Sewell and Reid, mixed with the overall growth, this Defense could potentially be the best yet at Utah.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

It feels like a very attractive landing spot. Is what we are both inferring. Be nice to land some Tight ends with experience. Kincaid was really impactful. 

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

With Cristobal leaving it will be interesting to see if any of the local kids he has on his roster have an interest in coming home.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Would that possibly mean both bros playing at LB?  That would be insanely good. 

Crazyforu
        Ute Fan
        @crazyforu

Exactly. Has to be attractive for Noah (on multiple levels), if he is considering leaving Oregon.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Sewell and Reid Bro defense. 

FtheY
            Ute Fan
            @fthey

Don’t forget the Calvert bros too. 

could have up to three brother duos at LB if that were to happen. 

younglurch
      Ute Fan
      @younglurch

Jeffrey Bassa would be another name to look out for. Local kid from Kearns who started as a true freshman at safety this year. I believe Utah was one of his top schools prior to committing to Oregon. 

2 9

AlaskanUte
        Ute Fan
        @kenaiute

Big no on Bassa, Cole Bishop is the next great safety we will have along with Nate Richie coming back in a year.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Ritchie and Bishop 🤩🤩🤩

younglurch
          Ute Fan
          @younglurch

Confused as to why we wouldn’t want to add more talent? Ritchie will come back for the 2023 season. That’s a year we will have without a solid safety duo.

Ritchie was great during his freshman year, but coming back from a mission is never easy. I think adding Bassa alongside Bishop for the next two years would be a solid plan while Ritchie gets back in shape.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Disagree. The safety spot especially can use more depth.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

With Cristobal out, I wouldn’t be shocked. I thought he was three years removed from high school? I’d be more surprised if he doesn’t go to the NFL.

Utah should have been his school of choice to begin with.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

A little more to it than previously expected. Still more of a long shot but it was a emphatic “no” a week ago. 100% in consideration now though. 🙏

RustyShackleford
        Ute Fan
        @shakyute13

What is the deal with Bassa I heard there was a situation that happened that prevented him from coming to Utah and would prevent him from coming now, was it the whole Scally thing?

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football “don’t be surprised if Noah Sewell is playing for Utah next year”