Don’t get too excited. The NBA will not allow the Jazz to win this series.

Viewing 5 reply threads
      4 6

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The big playoff martchup is suppose to be the Rockets and the Warriors.  No way the NBA will allow that not to happen.  I am sure they are saying behind closed doors this morning, “Enough of this nonsense …”

I was very pleased to see the Jazz upset the Rockets last night.  But, the refs will turn this around as much as possible with subtle calls.  Harden may end up getting 20 free throws next game while getting the Jazz in foul trouble, especially Gobert.  Withour Gobert in the middle – there is little chance for the Jazz.

Do I believe that the NBA will try to do something to ensure they get their big matchup?  Yes I do.  America is waiting to see Harden and the Rockets play the Warriors.  I am not typically a conspiracy theororist.  But, the NBA knows that ratings are critical and the Jazz and Pelicans would not cut it.  They need the country to be watchng Harden, Paul, Curry, Durant, et al.  

4 1

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I’ll get as excited as I want to, thanks!

2 1

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I too am excited for the Jazz and I think the fans will be wild on Friday night.  I do hope they win the series.  I just think we will be fighting two opponents.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Me too. I disagree with the OP. Everyone around the league is talking about Donovan Mitchell, the rookie who took down the OKC3. Nobody is talking about Ben Simmons, except that he can’t shoot. Nobody is talking about Westbrook, except that he’s such a bad teammate. Nobody is talking about Pushoff P, except that he’s gone. Nobody’s talking about Melo, except that he’s done.

Imagine if the Jazz somehow took down not only last years MVP, but also this years as well.

The plucky kid and his band of merry misfits kicking ass and taking names. It’s Hollywood stuff. Everyone wants to see Donovan.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

NBA for so long has a reputation of protecting itself and the stars. For once it is trying a different method of protecting the integrity of the game. Things that may not happen again Ingles dropping 27.  But Mitchell won’t miss that much averages dictate it. Rockets will make shots to averages dictate it and they will adjust.  

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Jazz winning a title!

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

That’s exactly what we are saying!! Lol

4 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Jazz beat the Rockets at home in the second round when they started two rookies. I will get excited so SHAME on you.

Edit: I was wrong to do that I apologize it was immature. I am just tired of the modern world view of telling me how to feel and act.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I certainly didn’t mean it in that way.  I too am excited and very happy for the Jazz.  Very nice wion last night.   I hope they win the series.  I was just trying to point out that (I believe) that the NBA will try to prevent it.

Not sure that I deserved an FU.  But, that’s okay.

Go Jazz!!!

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Unprecedented I have said that a lot about the Jazz for awhile now. I too have bought into the NBA conspiracy hate for so long. I even said if Jazz push it to five it would be amazing. Winning on the road!! No freaking way. Now the Rockets are a good team game three is going to be huge. But let’s just say Jazz win that? Up 2-1 with all the momentum.

NBA had real interest in letting the Thunder win the first series to. Lets give credit to the NBA a little is all I am saying. Give credit to the Rockets and give credit to the Jazz. If the Rockets win I believe the hottest team all year won the series. If Jazz win it has been a hot team since January winning it. Warriors will buzzsaw both of these teams though. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

NBA passed up Harden vs Westbrook matchup in the playoffs by your logic?  Better team won the first round better team could win game three to. 

ProudUte
            Ute Fan
            @proudute

I think the NBA tried to help the Thunder.  Westbrook should have been suspended IMO after game 4.  But, he was only fined.  So, yes I think the NBA tried to help.  But, the Jazz did it.  Credit to them!

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

I agree with that little did they know Westbrook would shoot 43 times 19 of which for three. Including three air balls in the fourth. NBA can only do so much better team won. Snyder I think is out playing the NBA. It’s like four dimensional chess or something. 

ProudUte
                Ute Fan
                @proudute

I agree that Snyder has been brillaint how he has changed the gameplan every game and has caught the Thunder and the Rockets off-guard.  I am very happy about the Jazz winning and I hope they take it to the Rockets Friday and Sunday.  But, I still think we will be playing two opponents.  That’s just my opinion.  I don’t expect anyone else to feel the same.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Honestly, this line of thinking is why I can’t make myself like the Jazz despite being in Utah for 20+ years and my hometown team being a constant flaming bag of s**t. The whole zoobish persecution complex Jazz fans sport is such a turnoff…

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Well I can see why Jazz fans think that way. They had two of arguably the best players to play the game and unfortunately went up against the best player ever to never get a title.  Jordan did push off it wasn’t called so what. People forget Malone had the ball on the block and Jordan stripped it. 

Those playoffs years of losing to the Sonics in a best of five series was painful. I would say the biggest knock on Sloan, Malone and Stockton is they never got the NBA gamesmanship mastered.  They didn’t feed into that BS they put their best selves out there and didn’t know how to work it. 

Jazz now have a legitimate Super star on their roster. They add another All Star somehow someway and they could be a contender. You can’t argue that Mitchell isn’t getting the calls yet at this point in his career. He probably had one no call that saved him from six late. Snyder is working it and Dennis Lindsey is a wizard. 

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

I totally agree with everything you just said. But this intense persecution complex just sucks. It seems to be a Utah (the state of Utah) thing. I see it a little bit in the Utah fanbase, but it’s rampant in the RSL, Jazz, and especially BYU fanbases. I’m not sure what it is about this state that makes its sports fans think there’s a vast conspiracy against them, but it’s a terrible take.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Well victim culture is hard at work in American society. I don’t believe Utah has a monopoly on it. I believe it may just be your familiarity with this particular victim culture that bothers you. Philly fans are up in arms in defense of their second year player who is by NBA rule a rookie. 

shakeitsugaree
      Ute Fan
      @shakeitsugaree

This, a million times this.

I earned my NBA tinfoil hat the 97-98 season. Wasn’t that the season Stockton made that amazing buzzer shot to win the game?!? So exciting. And then? For the second year in a row – and a long string of years falling to the effing Lakers – the Jazz just couldn’t make it happen when it counted. Yes, they made the series interesting. But the league will sell a lot more shoes with Jordan Pippin Bryant O’neil winning than with the nobody Utah team winning. This paranoid conspiracy was only bolstered by that former ref that was indicted for gambling after winning 80% of his bets. Do you realize how damning that is?!?!

Anyhow, hate the NBA – that game is so effing terrible. Love college hoops, but I will admit, I cheer for the Jazz due to deep seeded childhood conditioning. Just gave up on them ever being relevant – not a big enough market.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA Don’t get too excited. The NBA will not allow the Jazz to win this series.