Don’t look now but…

Viewing 4 reply threads
      3 2

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

This is a heckuva AL Wild Card game so far. 

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!
      2 3

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

GO YANKEES!

2 2

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Judge with 2-run frozen rope. 7-4 YANKEES!

1MNUte
      Ute Fan
      @1mnute

The Twins rarely have success against the Yankees. They almost never win in New York. Oh well, it was a good run. There always next year. Oh except we are never in the running for anone that could make a difference. Ahhhh the trouble of being a fan of a small market team.

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

They have some good young talent. We could be seeing a rivalry form. Two good young core groups to fight each other for a few years. Great season by the Twins! 

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

Anyone else think it weird that they do the whole champagne, t-shirt thing for the wild card game? Yanks aren’t the first team to do it either so I’m not putting this on them. To me, save that type of celebration for winning a pennant and the World Series. Just advancing to the next round – hearty handshakes all around and pop open a Dr. Pepper to drink, not to dump on someone. Also – get off my lawn!

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

Completely see your perspective.
        I think it’s because teams don’t truly feel like they’re in the post-season until they’re actually in a Series. Getting to the Wild Card is an achievement, but getting past the Wild Card into an actual series is also an achievement because you’ve advanced a level in the playoffs.
        In that sense, I think it’s reasonable to celebrate.
        And who can fault them for wanting to be happy for winning a playoff game that is basically a Game 7 in essence?
        Super intense game, super intense playoff environment, means advancing to the next round. I like it.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports MLB Don’t look now but…