Don’t normally talk about TDS but I just heard on 1280.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

Taysom Hill is the starter? Is this because Mangum lost his tall targets to throw 50/50 balls to?   Not worried at all about Hill if he even stays healthy enough to play.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

It must be a tough decision every year for them when they always have two sure Heisman finalists to choose from. 😉

Anonymous
        Inactive

You would think Mangum would go along with what Mr High School coach of the decade wants to run.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Honestly, I like this more. Hill is not that good. We contained him well the last time we played him in 13.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Don’t  be ridiculous man. Hill is very good. He’s come a long way as a passer. I really wonderful if the kids is going to be able to walk when he is 40, though

UtahSig
          Ute Fan
          @utahsig

What are you basing your comment “he has come a long way as a passer” on? Honest question here. He played 1/2 against a Nebraska team that finished 6-7. He was 21-34 (61% completion) which is solid, but was 1 TD and 1 INT. He did run for 2 TD’s but with his foot injury I am going to be suspect of his running ability until proven wrong.

I watched the 2013 game a while ago (summer is long) and he ran for 99 yards (41 came on one run) and threw for 260 on 18/48 (0 TD’s 1 INT)for a QBR of 38.7. I think this is what we will see more of.

rbmw263
            Ute Fan
            @rbmw263

eye test mostly. He just looks a lot more solid in his reads and his ball placement has improved. I think it will show this season if he can stay on the field.

So, basically, nothing concrete. Time will tell.

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

I dunno, it seemed like he had all the time in world against Nebraska. He won’t have that time against us. Koroma is not 100% Lapuaho might be out and so too is another starter from last year. That O-line is in shambles.

FormerUteSax
          Ute Fan
          @formerutesax

I thought he already was 40

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Don’t normally talk about TDS but I just heard on 1280.