Double reverse on your own goal line

Viewing 2 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I thought the double reverse on our own goal line against a decent and disciplined Stanford D was dumb. Seems like we run that same thing once in every game and I cringe every time. 

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Losing 11 yards on 1st and goal from the 2 was also a dumb decision.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yeah that was super lame. Seems like perhaps the Troy Taylor offense has some short yardage issues.

houhi43
          Ute Fan
          @houhi43

I wonder if TT has any offensive packages where the QB is under center? I’ve never understood lining up in the pistol (shotgun, etc.) in goal line or 3rd and short situations. It seems like lining up under center allows for a quick QB sneak rather than having the QB run 3-4 yards just to get to the LOS.

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

I feel like the play calling on offense was pretty poor at times.  I feel like they need to get to the line faster and run another play after a big gain.  Too much lollygagging after big gains: kills the momentum.  On the other side, going for tricky plays in less than favorable situations.  I guess it is easier to be a critic than to do it in real time, but still…

Minneapolitan_Ute
        Ute Fan
        @minneapolitanute

I liked the two PI play calls near the end zone.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Double reverse on your own goal line