Due to Oregon State's loss @ Washington tonight, Utah is now in prime position.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Matthew Thomas Castleton
      Ute Fan
      @mcastleton928

If Utah wins their final two games (against the LA schools in the Hunty), they will be the #3 seed in the Pac-12 Tournament. Washington is obviously the #1 seed, and ASU has clinched the #2 seed. One of Utah or UCLA can finished tied with ASU @ 11-7 if the Sun Devils lose @ Arizona, but neither of us can win a tiebreaker against ASU, meaning the Sun Devils have clinched the #2 seed. ASU won the tiebreaker against UCLA via beating the Bruins in LA (their only meeting this year). Utah would also lose the tiebreaker against ASU. Even though we split the season series with ASU 1-1, we would lose the 2nd tiebreaker because the Sun Devils gave Washington one of their two conference losses and Utah got swept by the Huskies. However, getting the 3 seed for Utah would be fantastic this season because they’d get to avoid having to play Washington again until a theoretical tournament championship game.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I have confidence in a win tonight, but not much against UCLA Sat.

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

This team has been consitent in one thing this year…letting its fans down. Even if they do well in the tournament where does that leave them? Can they even get a NCAA tourney invite? Would we even want to see them there if they did? I’d be embarrased to see them get wiped off the floor with a 1 or 2 seed team first round. Would we even want to see them in the NIT for that matter? Even if the stats show differently this has been a dissapointing season. Sorry I’m such a Debbie Downer.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Due to Oregon State's loss @ Washington tonight, Utah is now in prime position.