Dumbest Commissioner in All of Sports

Viewing 2 reply threads
      2 1

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

Do we have one of the dumbest commissioners in all of sports….unbelievable how this guy can stay in there in my mine.

1. Larry Scott said a very Larry Scott thing
      In case it slipped by you, here’s what Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott told a group of business leaders in Portland last week:
      Yikes. Imagine the CEO of your company saying, “Hey, it’s not the C-level executives who sell our product. It’s the sales department, but I get blamed for poor sales!”
      Or a school superintendent saying, “Look, I’m not teaching the students, but the district leadership gets blamed for our falling graduation rates!”
      Or a university president saying, “Yeah, freshman admissions are down 10%, but I’m not the one recruiting students!”
      This is not the thing you want your conference leader saying right before the start of a pivotal season in the Pac-12. Larry Scott might be the least self-aware executive out there.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

What is the process for getting a new commissioner? The presidents just vote on it? Honestly I don’t know. But if Larry is protecting the presidents somehow or benefiting them and the schools, then he will be in for a long time.

alUmnUs
        Ute Fan
        @alumnus

Here’s a good take from Wilner that I think helps to explain the hedge betting P12 presidents have done (as evidenced by their recent approval of Scott’s contract extension and raise).

I’ll admit, I can fathom potential upside to the strategic vision Scott has been pitching the presidents, but the faith being placed in him by the presidents seems more and more mind boggling as time passes, the other P5’s revenue grows and Scott is out there running his little egotistical mouth.

It’s still an arms race. Where is the investment to buffer some revenue reserves that can succor the conference until 2024 – we’re falling way behind by design? Scheduling policies haven’t helped the P12’s perception. In fact, the way the P12 schedules puts its teams at a disadvantage in the CFP big picture.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

My mom dated Larry in college. She said he’s an ass man.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Have you done a dna test or contacted Maury Povich? Just sayin, you could be in a Vegas Penthouse with the Ass-Man watching some upcoming PAC-12 tourney games.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Dumbest Commissioner in All of Sports