Emery apologized to Coach K.

Viewing 5 reply threads

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Wow I’m glad this was published in the newspaper so that we could all bear witness to this painfully awkward episode. And just in time again for rivalry, I mean, deseret first duel, week.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Does the byu electro-shock therapy program now include a step where you have to apologize to people you offended or hurt in the past?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I imagine part of his “treatment program” is to face his demons and prior transgressions and try to make good on them, which is fine. Everyone will fell all warm and fuzzy about it. Deep down the kid’s probably still an asshole.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

I’m willing to give Nick credit for being humble enough to reach out, admit his error, and apologize.  Lord knows I made my share of mistakes at that age and said and did things I came to regret later.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

My guess is he was told to. If it was completely voluntary then hats off to him.

Red Don
        Ute Fan
        @reddon

“Deep down the kid’s probably still an asshole.”

No “probably’ about it.  Mark it down as a definitely.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

this is simple PR stuff. obviously nicks image needs a little repair…he will probably cry in desnews before too long. his comeback will be a massive redemption story and there will be boundless claims of him being “changed”

and deep down he will still be an asshole

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

We’re focused on the wrong thing. The real story here is that he felt like he had to leave school because he feared for his safety after quitting the basketball team. So BYU-P fans, being the “shining lights on a hill” they are, threatened violence or death to this kid because he wouldn’t play basketball anymore? Keep on rockin’ that righteous example, guys.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

How long ago was this?  Two years?

Good for him he took the high road years later. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Emery apologized to Coach K.