Eric Rowe with the game winning deflection!

Viewing 3 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

if the patriots are going to win it might as well be on a play made by a Ute

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

1 1

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Really looked like PI to me but my black/gold goggles are thick. 

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

No, where you guys got screwed was on the TD that got called back. That was a horrible call.

BD
          Ute Fan
          @flyfisherman

Yeah.  That one pised me off severely. It really looked like he made a move with the ball to make sure it really crossed the goal line, which would assume control, and hence it would be a TD as soon as it crossed the line, so what happens to the ball after that isn’t important. But the ref didn’t see it that way of course. 

Utahute72
            Ute Fan
            @utahute72

The whole survive the ground thing is becoming ridiculous.  The problem is they never define “football move” and even when he makes one he still has to survive the ground.  Like the ball coming loose and going through the endzone resulting in a touchback.  But that rule has been around for a long time because that happend to my Baltimore Colts in a playoff game back in the 70s.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Mike Pereria was on the Dan Patrick Show. He said the “football move” only applies to players who are running. Because his knee was down and he wasn’t on his feet, there is no “football move”. 

He said in a case where a player is not running, they must secure the ball all the way to the ground. When the ball hit the ground, the ball was not secure, easy call: incomplete. 

He said the rule is set up that way to make it black and white. Make it easy for the official to make the call…and the way the rule is set up, he is right. 

He said the the call was right, the rule may be up for changes. 

BD
              Ute Fan
              @flyfisherman

Sucks that a rule that is made easy for the official to call may just cost the Steelers the Super Bowl. 

Red Don
      Ute Fan
      @reddon

Good for him.  Might as well have a Ute make a great play.  As a Steeler fan, that game was a killer, and I didn’t think my hatred of the Patriots could be elevated any higher.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Eric Rowe with the game winning deflection!