ESPN Efficiency Index in re Washington

Viewing 2 reply threads

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Here is some interesting data:

Teams played (PAC 12) efficiency ratings Defense: (Utah’s Offense is eighth)

Cal: 25

Oregon State: 112

ASU: 40

USC: 39

WSU: 97

Wash: 32

Our offense had some reasonable success against some efficient defenses. ASU was bad, but that can be attributed to TH getting hurt. Cal, the best defense to date they got destroyed. BYU is top 50 and got walloped.

Offensive efficiencies: (Utah is 5th in defensive efficiency)

Cal: 94

Oregon State: 20

ASU: 64

USC: 22

WSU: 5

Wash: 25

We have played three really good offensive teams. We got beat by one and destroyed the top 5 and top 20. I think Washington’s scheme is easier for Utah to deal with than SC’s. I am feeling pretty good about this game.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Very telling stats.

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

SC’s scheme was throw the ball really far and hope a Trojan catches it. They had 13 yards rushing and most of that came on their drive after the safety (which turned into their most sustained drive of the game).

I think Utah’s D will continue to play well in Seattle. I actually like Utah’s run game vs. this Washington D, but am worried about Huntley’s health and durability. If he holds up Utah will have the type of game they should have had @ USC and come away with a solid win.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ESPN Efficiency Index in re Washington