ESPN give Utes a C grade…

Viewing 7 reply threads
      2 12

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Only the Beav’s got a lower pac12 grade (C-)

It appears they didn’t take into account  the additions this morning…but this is what the national preception will be…  

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25940737/national-signing-day-grades-every-power-5-program

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Cool, ESPN is garbage, FYI.

13 2

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Pace coming at us strong with the opinion of a now SJW network that used to cover sports…😴😴😴

7 1

User Suspended
        @a2ute

I know, frick’n libtards..

palos_verdes_ute
        Ute Fan
        @palos-verdes-ute

Where does the History Channel have us ranked?

McBride of Frankenstein
      Ute Fan
      @mcbrideoffrankenstein

My experience with ESPN analysis is that it is shallow…quick simple spreadsheet exercises of comparing rankings versus perhaps the win/ loss of the season.  For example, I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t even look at the small size of our departing senior class.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

My thoughts exactly. More than likely they looked at the over all score which doesn’t take into account class size, instead of average star ranking. Utah is also different considering we have returned missionaries come home every year and we rely on transfers. With the new transfer portal, I can see schools like Utah, using that to fill a good number of scholarships every year.

PhillyUte
      Ute Fan
      @phillyute

Not sure why you rely so heavily on espn for recruiting analysis when there is 247 available which is much better for recruiting. Based off of average recruit ranking, Utah is 6th in the pac 12. 

User Suspended
        @a2ute

I agree, ESPN is for the masses. although most of the recruiting content is behind a paywall… so I can’t personally speak to that.

3 2

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Pace coming at us strong with the opinion of a now SJW network that used to cover sports…😴😴😴

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

I agree with you that perception is important (even if not the whole story). Frankly, I do not understand why the recruiting rankings put so much stock in the number of players signed versus the average star ranking. Seems like a faulty metric, but maybe I am missing something.

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

The behind the paywall stuff shows we did much better.

3 1

ragtownute
      Ute Fan
      @ragtownute

I don’t get understand why everyone blows up on Pace so much. So what if he has an opinion that people disagree with. This wasn’t even a post about his opinion. It was factual. He is not a troll looking to rile people up. On the contrary, we’ve seen him eat crow and OWN IT on several occasions in the face of logic and evidence. We should embrace opinions across the spectrum, and if we disagree, personal attacks and requests to shut up aren’t the solution. Use your down thumb, ignore, or talk about it. 

1 2

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

On the contrary, we’ve seen him eat crow and OWN IT on several occasions in the face of logic and evidence.

[citation needed]

It’s primarily because Pace is a dick and he doesn’t, ever, eat crow.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ESPN give Utes a C grade…