ESPN has really gone down hill with the talent.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

It appears to me the Oregon punter was running toward Covey as well in the fake. Or am I watching the wrong guy? The shots cuts away for a moment so I could be wrong.

Anonymous
        Inactive

No, the Oregon punter was the only one who went after Hobbs. Everyone else bit on the fake.

How much you wanna bet that Helfrich has them with their heads up during punt coverage practice from here on out? You can only pull that play off once, but it was gold.

Anonymous
      Inactive

That was terrible punt coverage. Don’t the punt teams know which direction the kicker plans to send the ball?

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Yes, but they don’t always look at the ball and can’t tell whether it got shanked. They tend to watch the other team’s reaction.

That was a beautiful play! The entire team ran the fake to perfection. And fantastic job by Boobie Hobbs to race back to the ball, then take it to the house.

UtahUteGuy
          Ute Fan
          @utahuteguy

I don’t think it was “shanked”, the punter meant to kick it to the opposite side of the field. It seems that the Oregon coverage team didn’t get the memo, or the punter went rogue and made the decision without consulting his teammates. I would be surprised if we get away with another one of those.

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

From what I gather it was designed for Covey to cheat far to one side encouraging the punter to send it to the opposite side and for us to unexpectedly have someone there to receive it. Amazing

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ESPN has really gone down hill with the talent.