Essential Phone

Viewing 5 reply threads

cbmute
      Ute Fan
      @cbmute

Thinking about buying the Essential Phone.  Anyone have any experience with it? I’m cheap and I’ve have an Galaxy S5 and if I don’t get the Essential Phone I was thinking of getting an S7.

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

It’s had some teething issues as far as software goes; however, the latest Oreo Beta supposedly is working quite well. Oreo for it should be released soon. The company releases software updates quite frequently and is purportedly quite responsive. A lot of people love the phone’s design and hardware-build.

My first unit from a couple of months ago, running the older Nougat, had software issues and I returned it. Just received my second unit. We’ll see. Here is the reddit link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/essential/new/

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

i’m cheap too and I’m just keeping my Galaxy S5. 

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Get a new battery if your S5 is more than 18 mos old.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

cbmute
      Ute Fan
      @cbmute

Thanks for the responses.  I thought about keeping my old phone. But I need an extra for my kids and I’m not about to get them a new phone so I’m planning on passing this one on two them. Yep I make them share it. In fact it still is my phone they get to use.  

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

S7 is a great phone. No longer top of line so it’s cheaper too. Also, the VR goggles are good fun.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Essential Phone