Every position group played well except for the wide receivers who were garbage

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

With the exception of butler-Byrd, none of the receivers got any separation. I watched Scott run very lazy routes. Is he injured? This group needs to get with the rest of the program.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Normally this ^^^^ asshat is not worthy of a response, but the fact that he left out the poor play at the QB position just shows that he doesn’t know what the f#?k he’s talking about. TW was off all night. Plenty of times he had open receivers to bail him out, but his head was down because he was committed to bailing himself out with his feet. TW’s passes were horribly inaccurate all night. He certainly was not making his receivers look good. This asshat poster should be embarrassed for his lack of football knowledge. Do us all a favor and beat an exit.

Anonymous
        Inactive

You don’t need to lower yourself to his level with personal attacks. Just ignore him, the reaction he got was what he wanted.

Anonymous
        Inactive

WestSlopeCutThroat thinks Thompson is as good as Wilson, so of course he’s going to blame the QB. Thompson would have lost this game for us, no way he hits Butler-Byrd in stride like Wilson did. Like Tony said, Cal was step for step with Covey the whole night. I also noticed that Cal’s safeties often played Cover 1 with the free safety playing the opposite side as K Scott. Cal did not worry about K Scott, he was easily locked up by their corner all night, never required any attention from the safeties.

The passing game gets real difficult when you’re up against a 3-3-5 and 4 of the 5 defensive backs can play one side of the field because Scott is on that side and only requires one defender to completely shut him down.

On the bright side, it looks like we’ve found a deep threat in Butler-Byrd, and we have the depth at cornerback that will allow him to take some series off on D. Boobie Hobbs looks to be another great playmaker. We’ve got a lot of talent in Brian Allen that’s being wasted on the bench, I wish he’d get some reps at WR, especially if Patrick is out indefinitely. I also wonder why we don’t see more of Raelon Singleton.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I watched Covey a few times. He couldn’t get open much, which was surprising. I think Cal’s secondary did a very good job on us.

Dhisatake
        Ute Fan
        @dhisatake

Covey couldn’t get open because many times they were putting a safety of the top of him.

Travis didn’t play well. That is a fact. Whether or not Thompson would have done worse isn’t the question. If your QB ends up with an QBR rating of 18 then he didn’t play well. And while the receivers couldn’t always get open there were two plays that should have been TD’s. Tyrone Smith got open down the sideline and if Travis makes the throw it’s a wide open TD. On the last drive last set of downs for Utah, Covey is open immediately for a 20 yard gain and Scott is open late for a TD.

If you want to complain about the WR’s, they could have blocked a little better. There were a few whiffs out there on blocks.

Anonymous
          Ute Fan
          @anonymous

Definitely agree about our WRs’ inability to block. Not sure there’s been any meaningful improve since the Michigan game.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Perhaps we need to address the personal attack issue. Personal attacks should be a no-go here. I don’t care what someone’s “history” is or what they did elsewhere etc… Let’s all keep it civil. We can still disagree, but name calling is not going to fly here.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Every position group played well except for the wide receivers who were garbage