Excuses

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

“Gach is leaving because he saw the quallity level of some incoming guards.” Just heard that one. How often do we hear that excuse.  When has that actually been true?  Perhaps Jayce Johnson I suppose. 

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Saddest thing, Tony, is that no one cares except a few die-hard Ute baketball fans (and they’re getting harder to find). Indifference is the worst thing for a program.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

I though Gach had a lot of promise early in the season, but it seems to me he didn’t really improve much as the season went on — esp in Pac12 play — aside from a few flashes.    Is it coaching or effort on his part, or just had peaked early, I’ll never know, but frankly he was a bit of a dissapointment of 2019-20.   I would prefer that he stay and try to improve in the off-season, but I’m not too upset about this news, and I guess the “grass is always greener” with the incoming new recruits.

3 1

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

My question for people who make that excuse/argument:

“If that were true, wouldn’t we be better than the year before, year after year?”

1 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

“It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.”. Credited to George Washington on the internet. 

I have yet to hear a “good” excuse. 

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Tony, have you researched the incoming guards? And what that class ranks nationally?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Nope. Enlighten me if you can. Not just guards. That excuse seems to be used quite a bit. 

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

I think Caleb Lohner at 6’6” will provide some good outside shooting and some toughness.

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

Pelle Larson

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

People tend to conflate excuses for explanations is why. @admin

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

Don’t get me wrong here, I think kids transferring is a problem, however, how many have left and tore it up at an institution that plays our level of basketball? In other words, who do we really miss? Today’s society wants it all and we want it now. We complain constantly about others and have zero patience. We expect perfect from everyone except ourselves. These are very sad things indeed.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.