Expansion Rumors

Viewing 3 reply threads

Sanders
      Ute Fan
      @sanders

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Well, if it happens it will be a big bummer. I absolutely hate the way CFB is going.

2 1

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

Click bait. They already have their GOR in place and a new media deal. Nobody is joining the B1G until the next round of media deals. The next chip in the game is ND new co tract with NBC. That will determine the future of CFB alignment. Any talk before that is just click bait.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

GOR deters leaving, but does it deter joining/expansion? I don’t think it does and I saw somewhere that Big 10 new media deal specifically leaves room for expansion.

Yergensen
          Ute Fan
          @yergensen

I was wrong about this. Credible source I follow on twitter confirms Big 10 media deal only has an escalator for addition of ND. This means if they add anyone not named ND they don’t get more money and have to divide the same share across more schools. It can be done, but existing Big 10 schools would have to give up money for non-ND expansion.

1 6

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

The last B1G commissioner was fired for adding USC and UCLA. I don’t see why the B1G would suddenly jump into expansion again. If they were going to expand more, they’d still have their old commissioner and it probably would have happened by now. 

This just goes to show that no one, not even my late night rants, knows what is going on. 

All we know is the P10 doesn’t have a deal, the ACC wants to amend theirs, and the B12 conference sucks and is depserate to add real teams. 

UTman
          Ute Fan
          @utman

The last commissioner of the Big 10 wasn’t fired. He left to be the CEO of the Chicago Bears,

1 3

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

It was a case of “hey, look, this isn’t working out, maybe you should start interviewing for some other jobs.”

Like Jonathon Gannon and the Eagles/Cardinals. The Eagles lost, Gannon thought he was headed back to Philly and Philly told him to stay in Arizona and interview for the Cardinals job. 

The B1G didn’t want USC or UCLA and once they were added, the commissioner kept pushing for further expansion and then they parted ways. It was no secret the schools didn’t like him. 

If the B1G wanted to expand, they’d still have Warren as their commissioner and the P10 wouldn’t exist anymore. 

2 5

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

This is exciting! I look forward to the next form that the college football landscape takes.

3 4

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

“Do not offer a different opinion,” squawked the young hill troll.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Expansion Rumors