Extending the BYU series is a mistake.

Viewing 8 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

That’s all I would like to say about that.
      j

Yeah I felt a new thread needed to be started and repeat that fact.

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

It is indeed.  Pershing threw Chris Hill and our coaches under the bus.  They aren’t happy about it, several boosters aren’t happy about it but at the end of the day our weak President signs the checks.  Hope we don’t lose valuable people because of his noodle spine.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Playing BYU Nov 24 is also beyond idiotic.

autahfan
      Ute Fan
      @autahfan

I like that we’re committed to playing BYU and I hope we never skip them again. I have so many memories, good and bad, from those games and I woud hate to have that ever end. 

1 1

Anonymous
        Inactive

I disliked your post but felt I should reply. I disagree with your statement because TDS-P is no longer relevant. Playing them validates any sort of twisted belief from local media and unethical local politicians in said perceived relevancy. It hasn’t benefited Utah at all in beating them this season or since they have declared independence. Losing would be damaging to recruiting, perception and in general because it is uncomfortable. 

They lack accountability and ethics. The belief that Sitake will change this is a fallacy because Holmoe is the Athletic director. 

FountainofUte
      Ute Fan
      @fountainofute

I’m sure I’ve shared my opinion on just about every online forum…but this one.

I’m a middle-of-the-road guy. I don’t want to play them every year, nor do I want to see it go away forever (though I’m trending that way).

If it were me, I’d alternate H-and-H’s with BYU and USU in four year cycles. Only one of the games happens per year.

And I’m starting to think that Hill needs to abandon his “A,B,C” formula, and go with an “A,BYU,C” plan. Or “A,BYU,B.” Point is, we’re leaving good matchups by the wayside by treating BYU like our A every year.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Yeah I can buy into that. Stopping the Aggie game is more of a bummer for me. SUU?  Just gross. Sick of these bodybag teams. 

CapitalUte
      Ute Fan
      @capitalute

Recruiting is the lifeblood of the program. Given the amount of impact players from FL and TX that we need to keep the Utes competitive, we have to stay in front of them by playing in their backyard. Playing the Zoobs does not help us win those recruiting battles. Chances are Coach Erickson is retired by 2020, so we better start building networks now. Every year we play the Zoobs is a recruiting opportunity lost.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Disagree completely. It’s like everyone’s gone collectively crazy and forgot what makes College Football Great. It’s the history, the tradition, the rivalry. It’s not just to make the most money (though I’ll add that we probably make good money off this game). This one of the greatest rivalries in the game and you want to throw it away? That’s just crazy.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Truthfully then Utah doesn’t have that much history and the recent history that has occurred has been outside of the rivalry. 

autahfan
          Ute Fan
          @autahfan

It’s weird being on a Utah football site and not getting insulted.

CapitalUte
        Ute Fan
        @capitalute

I don’t think money has anything to do with it, TV money is already set and we sell out regardless. Utah’s goals have changed and BYU no longer factors into them. They aren’t an easy tune up game to get reps w/o high risk of injuries and they aren’t helping Utah recruit. The only reason to play the game is the drama that surrounds the game and who needs drama in thier life.

If BYU helped us get better recruits in the places we need, FL & TX, then I would just deal with the drama for the good of the program. As it sits now, as long as we play BYU we aren’t playing where we need to in order to feed our depth chart.

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

If it were me, I’d alternate H-and-H’s with BYU and USU in four year cycles. Only one of the games happens per year. I love that idea !!!!!!!!

Anonymous
        Inactive

To appease the legislature I agree with that.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Add me to the H – H series on a 4 year cycle with BYU and USU. I think those games will get to the point where they can replace the FCS slot on the schedule and we can add a couple of better games.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I’d rather just quit scheduling them completely or at least cut it down to a couple times a decade.

I’d like to see us schedule some nostalgia games with some of the other MWC teams. Also I’d like to see us schedule some games for recruiting purposes in fertile grounds like Texas and Florida. Surely we should be able to schedule the likes of UTSA, UCF, USF, etc.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Extending the BYU series is a mistake.