Family Vacation Suggestions?

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Offseason topic… I’m looking to take bride of admin and the 4-year old somewhere on vacation, preferrably with a beach for the 4-year-old to play on.  We don’t want to fly a long way, so something like the Bahamas is nice, but too long to travel with the little guy.

I have a place I can stay at free in Tampa.  We’ve did Cabo lasty year and the water was so brutal you couldn’t even sit on the beach at the resort we were at.  So thinking Newport Beach, San Diego etc..

What are your suggestions?

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

My kids are a bit older, but our family’s favorite vacation so far was a road trip we took up to the Oregon coast then down to SoCal.

We drove up to Salt Lake, spent a couple days there visiting family and friends, spent a night in Boise (no palm trees and beaches where we were, I must have booked in the wrong part of town), then in Portland, drove to Astoria and checked out the Goonies house and the film museum, then to Lincoln City and stayed in a hotel right on the beach. We LOVED Lincoln City. My kids still talk about going back there. After that, we hit San Francisco then drove down to Disneyland. The entire trip was a lot of fun and we’re talking about doing it again next year.

Next time we’ll stay an extra day or two in Lincoln City and San Francisco and cut out SoCal. We didn’t spend enough time in either of them.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Oregon is not real sunny beachy, but they do have tidal pools and such a 4-year old might like.

The OSU aquarium in Newport would also be a fun stop for the kiddo(s), they have touchable sea critters like rays and starfish.   Of course the one in Monterey, Calif is top-notch.
        Hatfield Marine Science Center

Hoo Ray Who?
          Ute Fan
          @mattybumbo

Bonus:

The Aquarium is just around the corner from the Rogue Brewery, so you’d have that going for you. If you end up there, stop by Rusty Truck Brewing Company in Lincoln City. Ask for Jonathan Anderson the Brewmaster and tell him Matty Aces sent you. 

You might get your ass kicked, but then again, you might not. 

Edutecator
      Ute Fan
      @edutecator

I would suggest that if you have a place to stay in Tampa that St Petes beach is marvelous.  Also, Ybor City, a Cuban area adjacent to Tampa has some very good restaurants.  Just my two cents worth

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I looked up St Pete’s Beach.  Looks very nice.  Thanks.

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

Can’t beat San Diego. We love it there. Take our kids at least once a year. We went twice last year. A free place to stay in Tampa though is a nice option.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Family Vacation Suggestions?