Fans and most likely USC won’t know how good Utah is until week four….?

Viewing 2 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Agree or disagree with that.

TDS is fools gold people. NIU has zero offense and well whoever the third week opponent is I don’t worry much. 

11 1

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I kind of agree, but there are two scenarios which will tell me a lot about how good Utah is after game one.

If we blow BYU’s doors off instead of winning a nail-biter, then I would say we have a pretty good team.

If we lose to BYU . . . well, that will tell me we aren’t good enough to win the Pac-12 Championship.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

I also think there’s a third scenario, in which we show up poorly out of the gate due to first game jitters and a new offense. Then progress and turn into a pretty good football team by seasons end. Let’s hope this isn’t the case and that we don’t lose to TDS. 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I agree with UteThunder.

Also, USC plays BYU before they play us.  There will be some comparisons made by both teams.  The BYU game may tell us more than some think.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Yes losing to any of these will tell us a lot. I am operating on an assumption that there is no way Utah loses to any of those teams. Margin of victory can be so misleading as well. 

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

disagree. We figured out real quick last year that we had some offensive struggles when we barely beat Northern Illinois. I’m sure something will happen in either the BYU game or the Northern Illinois game that will give us some sort of indication.

On the other hand…the year we drubbed BYU 54-10 didn’t we end up going 5-7? So, who knows. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Fans and most likely USC won’t know how good Utah is until week four….?