Fans is short for fanatics

Viewing 4 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

So putting casual in front of fan is an oxymoron.

But I want to talk about the type of fans you can encounter at a game.   At least in my experience:

1. Player fans these guys played football up until high school.  They have friends that are probably d1 guys. As they age they tend to wear football gloves to games and try to lead sections in cheers.  They are great as friends and I enjoy their company.

2.  Sports commentators fans. These guys understand football. Have way too many fantasy teams didn’t play football in high school but are into sports.   It is a hobby and they just enjoy the feel of the game. 

3. Social fans these guys make up the majority of every fan base imo.  They go to games and buy gear to blend in.  They can be spotted in bejeweled pants now days and usually one item of team gear and really nicely done hair.  They drink and eat your food at the tailgate and that is why they attend.  They usually bring a date that wears the wrong color to a game.  

4. The drunk fan these guys just use sports as an excuse to get s**tfaced. They are common across all fan bases except one in this state.

Just a few I can think of others?

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Pretty much. Just look at the Utes fans in Chat yesterday who wished Browning got hurt. As a former D1 6’1″ athlete (with 35″ vertical) and coach, I pretty much just laugh at these so called fan(atic)s. I wasn’t even that good of an athlete, but at least smart enough to know reality and right/wrong.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

i’m a combo of 1 and 2 but a definite 4

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I’m a 2, but without the silly fantasy teams stuff.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

PS I have met 4s within tds fandom.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Indeed just less frequent. Even at a Utah or Usu game really rare. 

I am just saying for me these are the three most common type of fans. You also have fan who calls to fire coach after every negative play fan. Wife of a fan who attends to talk to other women fan. You also have fans that just follow Utah football. Don’t know names or anything just follow the team and enjoy football. 

oc_ute
        Ute Fan
        @ocute

The dudes that own bout time pub in herriman are drinking zoobs

alharmon
      @alharmon

I’m a 2 but with limited fantasy teams. Like maybe I do fantasy football for a week or two every 2 or 3 years haha.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Fans is short for fanatics