Favorite & Least Favorite Team in Each Conference

Viewing 9 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

What is your favorite & least favorite team in every major conference for football (you can add basketball to if you would like). You can’t say Utah as that’s a given.

ACC
      Favorite: Clemson, no particular reason
      Least: Miami, despise that school. If for no other reason than that they refer to themselves as “The U”.

B1G
      Favorite: Iowa since I’m a student there. If not Iowa then Ohio State because of Urban Meyer.
      Least: Michigan, I dislike Harbuagh greatly.

BIG XII
      Favorite: TCU, I enjoy seeing them have success similar to us.
      Least: Probably Texas, but I also dislike ISU since I’m an Iowa fan as well.

PAC-12
      Favorite: This is hard, but I have to say UCLA. I’ve never had a bad experience with their fans.
      Least: USC is the easy choice, but I think I have to say ASU. They are unusually c**ky given their limited success.

SEC
      All, I hate all of them.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

B1G
      Favorite – Michigan – Solely based on how respectful and welcoming their fans were when we played in Ann Arbor
      Least – Penn State – They know what they did

Big 12
      Favorite – Iowa State – I have fond memories of hanging out in Ames
      Least – Oklahoma – Almost all from the 80’s hate

Pac-12
      Favorite – WSU – Everything in the world is stacked against them and they still surprise me at times
      Least – Oregon – Nothing I like about their fanbase

SEC
      Favorite – Texas A&M – If Detmer had a 3rd shoulder they would have broken that too
      Least – Tennessee – So much hype that is never delivered. Plus that Kiffen experiment.

ACC
      Favorite – Lousiville – I can’t cheer against these guys for some reason
      Least – Miami – They make Oregon fans seem like nice people

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

Favorite – Texas A&M – If Detmer had a 3rd shoulder they would have broken that too

Amazing. +1

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I like this idea, I’ll bite.

ACC
      Favorite: Clemson as well. Close family friend played women’s soccer there, my only connection to any ACC school.
      Least Favorite: Florida State. Not a Jimbo fan and Jamarcus was a jackass while he was there as well.

B1G:
      Favorite: Michigan State. Have some close friends that are alums and have hosted me for some games there. Great experience, awesome fans/people.
      Least favorite: Penn State. I know what happened in the past should stay in the past and the current athletes/staff should not be lumped in, but I can’t shake the Paterno legacy and what happened there.

Big XII:
      Favorite: TCU for the same reason you listed. It’s been cool to watch them “grow up” alongside us.
      Least favorite: Baylor. Art Briles is a scumbag and I always thought their scheme of zero defense was weak.

PAC-12:
      Favorite: Washington or Stanford. I spent several years of my life in the Seattle area, and it’s always felt like my second home. I’ve had nothing but good experiences with Husky fans (I’ve hosted some here as well as gone to games there). I respect Peterson and their balanced team. Stanford is hard to hate, they play football the “right” way in my mind.

Least favorite: Tough call, Arizona comes to mind because of RichRod and how until this year they’ve always had our number. Colorado is getting up there, though.

SEC:
      Favorite: LSU — One of my friends is an LSU fan, I’ve watched a lot of their games as a result. I’d love to get down to one sometime.

Least favorite: Bama, I guess? That’s the easy answer. Haters gonna hate, and I guess I’m a hater in this instance.

Newbomb Turk
      Ute Fan
      @newbombturk

BIG:

Favorite: Wisconsin or Northwestern. Both of these were way down in the 80’s and climbed out. I respect that.
      Least Favorite: Don’t really have one. Used to be Michigan, but when they visited here, their fans changed my perception of them.

ACC:
      Favorite: Clemson
      Least Favorite: Miami (Duke in basketball)

Big 12:
      Favorite: TCU, just because
      Least Favorite: Texas. Haven’t liked them since I was a kid.

PAC 12:
      Favorite: Cal or Stanford
      Least Favorite: Southern Cal. Arrogance.

SEC:
      Favorite: Mississippi State. A friend of mine is a MSU grad.
      Least Favorite: Alabama. Nuff said.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Would be easier if I had a list of all the conferences and respective teams… 🙂

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

Pac-12

Favorite: USC.  My dad is from So. Cal.  I spent a lot of time watching USC football growing up.
      Least: Oregon.  The snobbiest Pac-12 fanbase, IMO.

Big 12

Favorite: Texas.  Ricky Williams was my favorite football player when I was a kid.  I would watch them as often as I could and it still sticks to this day.
      Least: Oklahoma.

B1G

Favorite: Wisconsin.  I’ve always loved their brand of football.  Not flashy, hard nosed, tough, shut down defense, always consistent.
      Least: I guess I’ll go with Penn State.

SEC

Favorite: Florida.
      Least: Texas A&M.

ACC

Favorite: Georgia Tech.  Really can’t tell you why.  I guess “Ramblin’ Wreck” is a pretty catchy fight song.
      Least: Miami.  I’m too young for the 80s Miami.  My hate for them is from the Larry Coker days.

I realize you threw this in the basketball category.  I don’t know enough about basketball to fill out these answers.  I don’t like Duke much.  I guess that’s all.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

Damn you’re right. I had basketball on my mind. Good catch.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

ACC 

Favorite: Clemson

Least: Boston College

B1G

Favorite: Michigan State

Least: Rutgers

BIG XII

Favorite: TCU

Least: Baylor

PAC-12

Favorite: ASU

Least: Oregon

SEC

Favorite: Arkansas

Least: Vanderbilt

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

ACC – I’m not sure. I’ve never watched ACC football. Favorite? I think I’d wish for Bronco to win a natinal title there just to screw with FBYU-P fans. 

Big 10 – I grew in Ohio, so tOSU is my favorite team there. Penn St is pure garbage. 

Big 12 – Favorite: TCU. They are our boys. I’d love to see our boys beat down the big boys. Least Favorite: TCU. It p**ses me off when they do better then we do. 

SEC – F**k them all. 

PAC-12 – Favorite: Utah. Second Favorite: Washington. I don’t know why. All I know is that I had a Washington hat growing up in Ohio that I wore ALL the time. I freaking LOVED that hat. I’ve always followed them because of that hat. Least Favorite: Arizona. Screw them. They live in freaking Tuscon. What do they have to crow about? Yet, they’ve always got something to say. smh. 

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

ACC
      Favorite: Don’t care about the ACC but Louisville is fun to watch but they have Pitino = total slimeball
      Least: FSU – have Florida family and they don’t like the thugs

B1G
      Favorite: Ohio St. – Urban. Mich St. – uncle went there
      Least: I guess Penn St. The rest really is just an indifference except for Mich since I went to the Big House a few years back for that fun rain-delayed beat down.

BIG XII
      Favorite: Texas – went there for grad school. I know every hates them, but it’s fun being the bully :), although they’ve sucked lately. Go Herman!
      Least: OU – rivalry. Baylor – dirty. Kansas – the Texas of basketball 🙂

PAC-12
      Favorite: Stanford – almost went there for grad school and I love their style with the big OL.
      Least: USC – brother-in-law went there for dental school and he’s a prick to watch football with (byu undergrad).

SEC
      Favorite: meh, maybe Florida, but the Urban effect is wearing off. Least: the rest, but mostly TAMU due to backyard brawl rivalry with Texas (although I do respect their fans and traditions).

MWC
      Favorite: NM – grew up there, but they suck. AFA – they serve our country, but cut block, but triple option is a thing of beauty to watch. CSU – lived in FC for 3 years, but they generally suck. Least: Wyoming – douche canoes. Boise St. – beach tanned douce canoes.

FBS Independents
      Favorite: Um, Army?
      Least: Uh, duh, Zoobs. And Notre Dame, although they had nice fans when I visited South Bend – great experience

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Gawd. BYU AND USC grad? Holy Hell. That would be miserable. 

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

I like this thread

ACC:
      Favorite – NC State, I have an old friend that works there and is a big fan, so I support them
      Least – Florida State, no punishment for criminal activity

BigXII:
      Favorite – Iowa State, my favorite cousin is a fan
      Least – Texas, for obvious reasons

Big10:
      Favorite – Maryland, I grew up there
      Least – Don’t really dislike any team there

FBS Independents:
      Favorite – Notre Dame, though Army is a close second
      Least – Duh, Zoobs

PAC12:
      Favorite – Utah, obviously, next is probably UCLA as that’s where my daughter wants to go
      Least – USC, the zoobs of the PAC12

SEC:
      Favorite – Ole Miss, no idea why, I’ve just enjoyed watching them
      Least – Bama, because they’re just really really good

MWC:
      Favorite – Air Force, always respected them
      Least – Truck Driver U (Boise St)

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Favorite & Least Favorite Team in Each Conference

• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Utah.