Favorite/Least Favorite team in the Pac-12

Viewing 5 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I’ve spent a lot of time lurking on other teams forums just to see what they are saying about the Utes and matches against our teams. I’ve decided there are fans from certain fan bases that are pretty volatile to interact with and others that I enjoy speaking with.

I have to say UCLA might be my favorite fan base in the Pac-12. They have had a lot of success in both football and basketball, but overall seem to be able to display humility that the other LA school doesn’t. Obviously this is just my personal perception and could just be depended on the forums/boards I visit. It’s unlikely that it is an accurate representation of every fan base. I’d hate for people to judge all Ute Fans by some of the posters on Ute websites.

Anyways, I think I least like Washington/ASU fans. Ironically those were the two schools we had the longest losing streaks to in football.

I’d like to add too that Oregon Fans have a really bad reputation in conference, but I heard a lot of good things by those that attended the game. Yes, even before the Utes blew the ducks out of the water.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

can confirm, Duck fans were incredible. Was really impressed with how they were both pre-game, and after we were beating them by 50. Handled it well. Gotta say USC easily takes the cake for me. Their fans are arrogant jackholes. By far my least favorite stadium to visit that ive been to so far. Arizona schools following behind.

Jumpmasterute
      Ute Fan
      @jumpmasterute

I like most Pac-12 teams. I do think Stanford fans could get behind their team a little better and Arizona does annoy me at times.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

fan support could be better at every school, including Utah. But yeah, Stanford is especially bad

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

Really can’t blame them. They’ve had long stretches were both football and basketball have been bad. Their school is ridiculously small (only about 7,000 undergraduates) which doesn’t help build up an alumni or fan base.

Not to mention that there are many other schools in California that people can grow up beings fan of and have a much better chance of attending.

They just have too much working against them. Though I suspect their recent success in football has improved things some what.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

My only exposure to Duck fans was some serious douches at the Huntsman I think last year, after they won. Total asses.

That said, in general I’d have to say my most disliked teams would be Arizona and USC.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

Oregon fans are funny.  I didn’t like them too much after the Kaelin Clay fumble but then they were actually pretty chill after we throttled them in Eugene last year.  I guess when you make it a habit of running up the score on teams you play you’re more understanding when it happens to you.

I can’t say that I dislike any one fan base in particular.  I did wander over to one of Washington’s boards after we beat them in Seattle last year and man, those guys were salty.  Some of the things they said about their own players and Chris Peterson were very extreme.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

The Washington forum I’ve been too is by far the worst. They were trashing Peterson, Browning, and their RB. All of whom are young. They were calling for Peterson’s job half way through the season. They will have a great year this year and its wasted on that group of fans.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ve read some pretty offensive stuff said about Utah, our fans, and the Utes by USC fans on some of their boards. It was beyond just being a fan or any kind of rivalry smack.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Favorite/Least Favorite team in the Pac-12