Fearing targeting calls in a meaningless game

Viewing 8 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

If Chase as Blair or who knows rock someone I fear getting called for targeting and having them have to sit out in the Pac 12 championship game.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

This is my biggest fear as well.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Utah hasn’t changed the way it plays despite s**tty calls. It seems entirely subjective based on the game or something. They all seem consistently inept. If they call the Hansen hit a target again there is really nothing you can do except not play him.

Blair is figuring it out but I think emotion overrules his thinking sometimes. 

TheJuggernaut
      Ute Fan
      @thejuggernaut

Hopefully our starters stake us to a nice halftime lead and they’ll be on the bench for most of the second half.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I think this is the goal. Whitt trusts Taylor. He’s never trusted an OC before. He’s put his defense in potentially really bad situations this year to help the offense. He’s never done that before. 

Utah will look to our BYU away early, then sit a lot of players in the second half. Give them iPads with the game plan for the PAC-12 title game and start working on the real game. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Any chance we don’t have PAC12 refs given that BYU-P is independent?

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Pretty sure the rule is that the visiting team’s conference brings the officials to OOC games. So when Utah goes on the road out of conference, the PAC12 sends officials.

Not sure what BYU-P does for their road games since they’re homeless vagrants. Maybe they call around to the local high school league?

quagmire
        Ute Fan
        @quagmire

In non-conference games, don’t the visiting teams have the option of bringing in refs from their conference? 

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Probably a Big-12 crew.  Hoping against hope we get an ACC crew, the whole conference only had like 5 targeting calls last year.  No other conference calls as many as the PAC-12, so whichever crew they bring will be an improvement.

2 1

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

On defense I would rest starters and only play backups. Offense needs the reps so starters play. Johnson, Blair, Hansen, Barton, Fotu, and Anae wouldn’t even dress. Let the others get some experience. Utah should still be able to pull away.

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

Apple Cup game is Friday, so the winner of Wazzu and Washington get one extra day of rest. This alone is reason enough to rest our starters. Saturday’s game is utterly meaningless.

Utesby1
      Ute Fan
      @garykennedy

Well the refs won’t be Pac-12 guys so if we get a targeting call at least it won’t be an iodiotic call like the penalty against Chase that was reviewed and confirmed.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Fearing targeting calls in a meaningless game