Final 60 in 60 Results/Analysis

Viewing 3 reply threads

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

Now that the 60 in 60 is over I thought I’d run a few analytics to see how each school did against each other in the poll. I gave player an inverse score to their ranking (i.e. 60 points for 1st, 59 points for 2nd, 2 points for 59th, 1 point for 60th). Here are how the teams scored (# of players / Avg. Ranking / Total Points)

Utah: 24 / 23 / 904

Byu: 17 / 34 / 464

Utah State: 17 / 36 / 421

Weber State: 2 / 42 / 39

60 in 60 is obviously pretty meaningless at the end of the day, but interesting nonetheless.  

I feel like the voting was pretty accurate in general. Sure there were misses here and there, but on a macro level I think it’s a pretty good representation of where the teams are at. Really, we should clean up tonight, but it’s the rivalry so who knows. I’m worried TDS will go all Boise state and pull out a bunch of trick plays and weird schemes that will catch us off guard, but man v man I think we are far superior and should be able to overwhelm them by the end of the night.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Dang.  The Aggies almost got ’em.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Someone sell me on BYU over USU. 

QB: USU is better. RB: USU is more proven. Maybe SEC-wonder is great, but Bright is more proven. WR: Bushman is good. But they have Repp and Mariner. Do you take one really good player or two above average players? OL: BYU. DL: USU. LB: USU. DB: USU. 

If not for some completely overrated players (see, Wilson #10), the numbers would be even closer. 

2 1

whitlessham
      Ute Fan
      @whitelssham

I’m worried TDS will go all Boise state and pull out a bunch of trick plays and weird schemes that will catch us off guard”

If this is the case- then the blame falls entirely on kwhitt

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

God lord with taking this almost perfectly divided poll every year seriously. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Final 60 in 60 Results/Analysis