First off, congrats on the awesome season and back to back Rose Bowls!

Viewing 4 reply threads

Jim McMahon
      Ute Fan
      @icomeinpeace

Seriously, what an inredible accomplishment. And to do it in such dominating fashion in the P12 championship. I have a family member who played for Utah a while back and I’ve never seen him so happy. I was genuinely happy for him.

K-Whit has been an incredible coach. I read so many articles this week how he is the “most underrated coach” in the country. I think it’s true. Give that man some time to prepare, and a big game, and Utah ALWAYS shows up. *Especially* when they feel disrespected like they did going into this one. Your defense was so tough. I am so envious.

You likely saw that we hired Jay Hill as our D coordinator. The thing that most excites me is that he had some solid experience under Whitt. I’m really hoping that translates for us. I would love for our defense to be even half as tough as Utah’s. 

Anyway, congrats on the awesome season. Go win the Rose Bowl!

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Thanks for posting – I really enjoy your comments on the team from an outsider perspective. Wish all BYU fans were like you 🙂

Jay Hill is a great hire for you guys. He’s going to need to revamp the entire defense, while transitioning into the Big 12. It’ll take time for things to gel and build the depth, but if the fans are patient I’m confident it’s the right move for you guys.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

I think Whitt and Ludwig retire after this season. Doubt Hill is at BYU for very long.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Jay Hill leaving has hurt our team. He did a phenomenal job with the special teams at Utah, and he did a great job with the defense at Weber St. He’s going to do his job well. I have no idea if he’ll be able to recruit well, but he will work hard, and do his job the right way. When Grimes left, you guys were not able to replace the presence that he provided on the team. I think Hill provides a very similar presence. Something that Kyle Whittingham and Lavell Edwards both did… Something I haven’t seen in Kalani. Kalani is a great guy, but he isn’t the guy you look to for stability when crap hits the fan. Kyle, Lavell, and coach Hill all possess that quality. I believe Scalley has it in him, but he needs to have a chance to prove it.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Post is timely given it’s been about 40 years (give or take a few, would have to look it up) since Jimbo hit Clay Brown with a long bomb as time expired to beat (with the PAT) SMU for BYU’s first ever bowl win (and now they are playing in a few weeks in another bowl game.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

It seems Jay Hill is a good hire for BYU – time will tell.

The transition to the Big-12 will take time. Will need to be patient – especially as BYU fans have watched Utah steadily climb up the ladder in the Pac-12. But, remember, Utah had two seasons early in their Pac-12 days when they weren’t even bowl eligible. I remember when Utah had won a game in 2014 that made them bowl eligible, and Kyle Whittingham was in the locker room and got in front of the team and with excitement and enthusiasm yelled: “Two Words! Bowl Eligible!!” It was a big deal to just make it to a bowl game then.

Jay Hill was a pretty good recruiter at Utah:
      Jay Hill Utah Recruiting

DrJazzy
      Ute Fan
      @docute

Thanks for the classy post my man! You guys got a great one in J Hill, should pay immediate dividens. I’ll always root for Kilani, dislike how some BYU fans never give him credit. Well, obviously I’ll ‘not root’ for him when our teams play of course, lol. Good luck in B12, really cool that teo Utah teams are part of thr P5 now – although the P10 is on life support lol.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football First off, congrats on the awesome season and back to back Rose Bowls!