First Runnin Utes game I was able to watch instead of listen to the broadcast

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

First with the whining…..Officiating is crap. I have felt it has been crap for three games now. That new rule where they drive and the defender gets in front being a defensive foul is stupid. NCAA isn’t far off from being completely unwatchable. I give it five more years to be exactly like the NBA. The ESPN commentators holy crap what a pack of morons, no clue why I didn’t mute it I just found myself amazed at how idiotic they were. Ok enough said on the whining.

Overall I thought it was a pretty solid game. Kuzma absolutely vanished this game which seemed odd to me. Poeltl played really tentative most of the game. When he was able to ball out he looked amazing. Bonam really reminds me of Delon Wright minus the defense. He doesn’t have the long arms like Delon had. But man I really like this kid. Loveridge got hot early and then just expected everything to fall after that. The corner three shut down the Raiders and pretty much won the game. I really like when Utah attacked the lanes and made cuts to the basket. The times when Raiders would make the runs were the passing around the arc looking for who the hell knows what. Poeltl contributed mightily in the second half. The free throws being his best contribution I don’t even find myself worried about him getting fouled anymore and less people are going to hack him. The lack of depth behind Poeltl worries me the most come conference play. I just don’t see Utah beating Arizona with that glaring omission of a guy behind him. Maybe Loveridge, Taylor and Chapman score 20 behind the arc. I also loved to see Reyes with more effort this time. Also getting his trademark put back after a missed put back. That dunk to close the half he really got blown up on that one.

I have heard Chapman has some off the court private issues. So I think that is to blame for his poor play. He seems completely ineffective on both sides of the ball right now. I was thinking he would be the most improved this season from last so I am not disappointed just waiting for him to break out. We need him to stretch the floor.

Solid win though, I didn’t understand the Raiders offense at all. They said it was fast paced or something during the broadcast but I didn’t see that at all. They made a lot of bad shots and missed a ton of open ones.

GO UTES!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Kuzma vanished because he got offensive foul after offensive foul when he drove to the basket. Poetl wasn’t that aggressive either due to fouls. That’s going to be our weak point for sure.

The Utes have pulled off wins against three different kinds of teams, all who seemed to play fairly well. Glad to see that they’re able to adjust and able to finish the games off. A couple of years ago we couldn’t finish.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am fine with the calls on Kuzma pretty solid call. But can’t help to think when the Utes play Duke if they charge like that it won’t be a call on Duke.

Kuzma is young road games will be like that. He needed to figure out you can’t just go to the basket.

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

Totally agree on the ESPN announcers. That game was close at points but the Utes were always in control. Major bias on the way they explaining the game. End of the game the Utes “held on” on to a win at 10 points?!!…

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) First Runnin Utes game I was able to watch instead of listen to the broadcast